Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Introduction

M

mackem10000000

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi my name is Graeme from Cumbria. I inherited a 2005 T5 recently, which has been standing for 5 years due to illness of the owner. So many things on the camper side didn't work , but thanks to you guys I have made progress such as fridge now working (ecu) , sink tap (micro switch ) even did the ribbon compression trick on the main control unit. So thought I'd join and hopefully now be able to share what I have learned.......Next job is the sliding door, where it seems the latching motor is not operating. Probably need to save up for a code scanner for that though.....Thanks again

Hi my name is Graeme from Cumbria. I inherited a 2005 T5 recently, which has been standing for 5 years due to illness of the owner. So many things on the camper side didn't work , but thanks to you guys I have made progress such as fridge now working (ecu) , sink tap (micro switch ) even did the ribbon compression trick on the main control unit. So thought I'd join and hopefully now be able to share what I have learned.......Next job is the sliding door, where it seems the latching motor is not operating. Probably need to save up for a code scanner for that though.....Thanks again
Welcome Graeme. If not already done, the first thing I would do is a change of all fluids (maybe a general service) and a battery health check (especially the two leisure batteries). That will give you a firm foundation from which to work forward. Many issues on the camper side can be caused by failing batteries.

Enjoy and do post your learnings.

Good to hear you’re breathing life into a redundant Cali! This forum is great isn’t it! We joined after hiring a Cali and a full year before ours came through. By the time we had our own van we had loads of tips in the bag. As you seem based in Cumbria you’ll have a handy selection of sites for test runs :D