Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Introducing Our New Ocean - Poppy

JJ Gonepaddlin

JJ Gonepaddlin

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We finally picked up our new Ocean from EuroVans in Crawley on Monday. Only 2 warranty claims had to be made before we left the dealers! Hopefully we can get them sorted at our local VW Van Centre but based on other experiences on the forum we won’t hold our breath. We’re still looking forward to our first trip next week though.

IMG_2639.jpeg

Check for the “PDI “ cleaning effort.
They like to use dirty rags with bits in that scratch’s every bit where the white protective coverings were…. Don’t ask me how I know ….
Especially under the ocean badges.
Front wings. Across the whole back tailgate about 2” above the bumper.
And on almost every panel.

Lovely looking Campervan, welcome and hope you create many happy memories.

Warranty Issues at collection time, major or minor? If major issues I would have been tempted to walk away and have them fix them before I would take possession

We finally picked up our new Ocean from EuroVans in Crawley on Monday. Only 2 warranty claims had to be made before we left the dealers! Hopefully we can get them sorted at our local VW Van Centre but based on other experiences on the forum we won’t hold our breath. We’re still looking forward to our first trip next week though.

View attachment 109031
I really like the colour :)

View attachment 109031
What were the two issues please? I am due to pick my new cali up from them soon so interested in what to look out for. Also did they spot them or did you?

Hopefully the issues are minor. The right hand kitchen cupboard door doesn’t close square to the side and is scratched above the handle. It looks like it got caught on the inside of the left hand door. Also the bench seat doesn’t seem to be running smoothly on one of the runners in the floor as it scoring the metal part of the base runner.

We live in Devon and EuroVans is in Crawley so we didn’t want to leave the van at the dealers for them to fix - possibly a rookie mistake! It wasn’t possible to fix the issues while we waited so the salesman took photos and told us to take the van to our local Van Centre and he would liaise with them over the warranty claim. Does anyone have any experience of Yeomans in Exeter?

Hi great colour is that Cherry Red? (hope so as we have that colour on order!).

What were the two issues please? I am due to pick my new cali up from them soon so interested in what to look out for. Also did they spot them or did you?
Just seen the second part of your question. Mike the salesman spotted the kitchen cupboard door and I spotted the floor runner. The technicians who prepared the van didn’t spot either problem.

Hopefully the issues are minor. The right hand kitchen cupboard door doesn’t close square to the side and is scratched above the handle. It looks like it got caught on the inside of the left hand door. Also the bench seat doesn’t seem to be running smoothly on one of the runners in the floor as it scoring the metal part of the base runner.

We live in Devon and EuroVans is in Crawley so we didn’t want to leave the van at the dealers for them to fix - possibly a rookie mistake! It wasn’t possible to fix the issues while we waited so the salesman took photos and told us to take the van to our local Van Centre and he would liaise with them over the warranty claim. Does anyone have any experience of Yeomans in Exeter?

I have the same concern about when I collect mine; I too am a long way from Eurovans so won't want to leave it with them after the faff of collecting it. I assume as far as the dealer is concerned, it doesn't matter if it's a warranty claim? If it's damage caused by the dealership however I suspect that's something that would have to be rectified by them unless they agreed to pay another dealership to resolve.

Out of interest, do you know if they did/do Saturday handovers, or is it weekdays only?

I have the same concern about when I collect mine; I too am a long way from Eurovans so won't want to leave it with them after the faff of collecting it. I assume as far as the dealer is concerned, it doesn't matter if it's a warranty claim? If it's damage caused by the dealership however I suspect that's something that would have to be rectified by them unless they agreed to pay another dealership to resolve.

Out of interest, do you know if they did/do Saturday handovers, or is it weekdays only?
Pretty sure it’s week days only.
Do as I did.
Take the list from the VIP section, and go through every item to make sure it’s there, and works as it should.
Even if it takes an hour and a half.
Check everything. Even the locking wheel nut.
Make sure everything works.
Take a picture of every body panel, get them to move it out, from under the cover of the front porch. Check every body panel for scratch’s in the lacquer. I hope they have got a new Prep PDI guy in, for the sake of the lacquer and paintwork.
If you see scratches in lacquer, make a note of it and take pictures.
And tell them. Don’t be afraid.
Check the oil level.
Don’t trust them.
And if you find scratches in the lacquer.
Don’t worry. VW customer services will help you.
I’m about to have my whole (6 month’s young) deep black pearl Ocean totally re lacquered at VW customer supports cost. Around £6k.
Nobody buys a £80k California and expects it to be not perfect…..
So take pictures to back your claims up.
And everything will be fine :thumb
Love mine, it’s just brilliant. And when the new lacquer is on, it’s having PPF on the whole front and a 5 year ceramic by detailed by Dale.
His attention to detail is unreal…
Good luck :cheers

Pretty sure it’s week days only.
Do as I did.
Take the list from the VIP section, and go through every item to make sure it’s there, and works as it should.
Even if it takes an hour and a half.
Check everything. Even the locking wheel nut.
Make sure everything works.
Take a picture of every body panel, get them to move it out, from under the cover of the front porch. Check every body panel for scratch’s in the lacquer. I hope they have got a new Prep PDI guy in, for the sake of the lacquer and paintwork.
If you see scratches in lacquer, make a note of it and take pictures.
And tell them. Don’t be afraid.
Check the oil level.
Don’t trust them.
And if you find scratches in the lacquer.
Don’t worry. VW customer services will help you.
I’m about to have my whole (6 month’s young) deep black pearl Ocean totally re lacquered at VW customer supports cost. Around £6k.
Nobody buys a £80k California and expects it to be not perfect…..
So take pictures to back your claims up.
And everything will be fine :thumb
Love mine, it’s just brilliant. And when the new lacquer is on, it’s having PPF on the whole front and a 5 year ceramic by detailed by Dale.
His attention to detail is unreal…
Good luck :cheers
That sounds pretty horrendous. It's one thing having accessories missing (irritating, but presumably fairly easy to resolve!) but having the whole vehicle re-lacquered sounds like a minefield - I'm sure it'll be fine, but I'd be thinking about where it ends up and how they keep everything pristine - it's a bit different to spraying a shell!

I hope it's the usual scenario of you tend to only read about the problems and in reality the vast majority of Calis are delivered problem-free . . .

That sounds pretty horrendous. It's one thing having accessories missing (irritating, but presumably fairly easy to resolve!) but having the whole vehicle re-lacquered sounds like a minefield - I'm sure it'll be fine, but I'd be thinking about where it ends up and how they keep everything pristine - it's a bit different to spraying a shell!

I hope it's the usual scenario of you tend to only read about the problems and in reality the vast majority of Calis are delivered problem-free . . .
Work being done at VW Cov, full confidence in them as their workmanship is really very good.
I was missing awning handle, and pop top tie down kit. He took them out of a showroom vehicle for me. ! But Eurovans staff are brilliant tbh.