Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

International driving licence post Brexit

Why not be optimistic, instead of pessimistic..... Only a thought.
There will clearly be winners and losers post Brexit, much as there have been winners and losers following the financial crisis. But the confusion over what Brexit will mean inspires little confidence or optimism.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

It’s not propaganda it’s factual. But if you disagree then please give me an example of where it’s propaganda?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They are ALL possibilities, put out by 1 organisation. They are NOT Facts because NOTHING has been negotiated yet so no one knows what the possible effects will be. All I do know is I will still have to show my Passport, go through Customs and buy Travel Insurance and pay Tolls.
If I go outside the Shenzhen Area then I will have to show my Passport again and go through Customs again. Oh, I have to do that now.

This is why it's propaganda...
The front page of the article in your link.
Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 21.14.29.png

Please give me an example where the information in this screenshot is fake or misleading information?

If you can’t, or divert away from answering then by default you’re admitting that it is not propaganda.

66e58ece7c9c3c62e20d06116b529362.jpg

It’s not propaganda it’s factual. But if you disagree then please give me an example of where it’s propaganda?

It is a what if document - not a statement of fact. The EC has been sponsoring and meddling to create fear and some fall for it.
Driving will be no different maybe a little more paperwork but that is all.

It is a what if document - not a statement of fact. The EC has been sponsoring and meddling to create fear and some fall for it.
Driving will be no different maybe a little more paperwork but that is all.

A fact is a statement that is known to be correct by verification. What is not correct about the information in the screenshot?

The heading states maybe and its intent is at best dubious. Who wrote it and who paid for it would no doubt give an answer. Propaganda is sometimes subtle but non the less propaganda. The Brexit had created divisions and sides. I did not vote for it but now would.

Please give me an example where the information in this screenshot is fake or misleading information?

If you can’t, or divert away from answering then by default you’re admitting that it is not propaganda.

66e58ece7c9c3c62e20d06116b529362.jpg

Oh the Information on the Screenshot is True. It is pointing out what could happen and in the last sentence or paragraph pointing out that this may/may not happen, is subject to negotiation, may be better than we have at present etc: Thus the possibilities have been stated with the caveat that they could change or not change and that will depend on negotiations. You didn’t post them with that caveat.
Shame really.

Oh the Information on the Screenshot is True. It is pointing out what could happen and in the last sentence or paragraph pointing out that this may/may not happen, is subject to negotiation, may be better than we have at present etc: Thus the possibilities have been stated with the caveat that they could change or not change and that will depend on negotiations. You didn’t post them with that caveat.
Shame really.

Exactly! And if you think we’re going to keep the benefit of EU membership without having to be a member then you’re in cloud cuckoo land

I think you guys need to take your vans on a serious tour of Europe to get some culture inside you. I’ve travelled extensively around Europe on many long term adventures. I also have family in Berlin and Dordogne. The more time I’ve spent Europe the more I’ve realised what a beautiful place it is and what good the EU does. It ain’t perfect, but the benefits of membership far out-way the negatives.

Exactly! And if you think we’re going to keep the benefit of EU membership without having to be a member then you’re in cloud cuckoo land

I think you guys need to take your vans on a serious tour of Europe to get some culture inside you. I’ve travelled extensively around Europe on many long term adventures. I also have family in Berlin and Dordogne. The more time I’ve spent Europe the more I’ve realised what a beautiful place it is and what good the EU does. It ain’t perfect, but the benefits of membership far out-way the negatives.

Been there, done that, have that. I trust you will be moving to the other side of the water then. Hopefully.:thumb

Enough politics. Divisions are set and now back to travels and good company.

I suspect you will find that many on here have traveled extensively and will continue to do so. Some might even travel further than Europe and embrace the world.

Mike

A fact is a statement that is known to be correct by verification. What is not correct about the information in the screenshot?
It's only slightly less disingenuous than the offer of £350 million for the NHS. Facts rather that possibilities would be nice - but as the whole of Brexit is unknown, facts are hard to come by.

@Cooper-Smith

Are the EU going to set up new border posts within the Schengen area just for naughty Brits?

Will the major phone companies forget about "Market Competition" and bring in new roaming charges to make them less competitive than their rivals?

Will EU Citizens in the UK be stopped from using the NHS? Therefore will reciprocol arrangement not be negotiated?

Its you that is in "Fantasy Land" if you think that we are going to end up having a rack of new arrangements that are negative for the British living/travelling in the EU but positive the EU living/travelling in Britain.

FACT: 3 Million EU Nationals live in the UK
FACT: 1.2 Million UK Nationals live in the EU

Reciprocal arrangements on health/travel etc will benefit EU Nationals considerably more than UK National in EU27 Countries.

FACT: UK Citizens make approx 50m visits to the EU each year
FACT: EU Citizens make approx 30m visits to the UK each year

Our travelers to EU spend a lot more in EU than EU travelers spend in the UK.

The EU 27 need our travelers money more than we need theirs it seems.

By the way the above are factual statistics not scaremongering "possible" future scenarios.

Last edited:
@Cooper-Smith
Are the EU going to set up new border posts within the Schengen area just for naughty Brits?
No need to. They only have to install a checkpoint at each continental ferry terminal and at the end of the Chunnel, just like the pet passport checks in Calais for UK-bound travelers.

No need to. They only have to install a checkpoint at each continental ferry terminal and at the end of the Chunnel, just like the pet passport checks in Calais for UK-bound travelers.
They are already there because of Schengen, the poster was asking if border posts are to be reinstated between the EU states just to catch Brits sneaking around the EU all the while ignoring the visa free tourists from overseas.

We are leaving the EU, not Europe..... How do Canadians get on, driving in the United States of America (i.e. could be U. S. of Europe for us)

Sorry you not really getting it I was pointing out that EU cannot make special arrangements for the brits only. We will still have to pass border controls on entry but after that we are free to roam in the border free area as is everybody else in the world!!!

I really do not want to join in the politics,

1: Before we joined the EU, and after the UN accords, I was happily driving around the USA with my British drivers license, and in France also. I do not see that changing post Brexit.

Roaming charges disappeared because of an EU directive. They may come back, they may not. I suspect not.

Free movement within Schengen is just that: once in, once past Schengen border controls, free movement. Therefore no change to what we have now.

I am sure in future as in past we will have lots and lots of claims and counter claims. Absolutely no point blowing steam over it until we know what is fact and what is fiction.

The EU 27 need our travelers money more than we need theirs it seems.
I think this needs a bit of a reality check:

The pain from the loss of British tourism would be spread over the entire population of the EU27. The pain from the loss of EU27 tourism would be spread over the UK population only.

A total loss of tourism between the EU27 and UK would hurt individual Brits far harder than individual EU27 citizens.

Now, you might claim that Brits not spending their money in the EU27 would spend it in the UK, and that may well be the case, but matters of tourism between the UK and EU27 are not as simple as "we spend more there than they do here, so they have more to lose".

All academic anyway as I don't suppose there will be much change in tourism levels post Brexit.

Since Brexit..... My Airbnb and local City (Belfast) in general have enjoyed bumper tourism trade.... Two reasons come to mind, favourable exchange rates (lots of North American tourists last year) and more people from Ireland (Republic of) and the rest of the UK on stay-cations etc.

I've also toured extensively throughout Europe (including thru Norway and Switzerland, with zero hassle at borders) and also across North America and Canada, again with zero hassle.....

So, you can see why I'm an optimist suppose. It's all working out fine so far. Long may it continue!

Some choose to believe the naysayers.... And search for "could-be" problems, and blow-off about them in a worse-case-scenario (claiming them to be facts) and general doom mongering. Maybe just sore losers... :rolleyes:

Back