Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

International driving licence post Brexit

There are no facts at the moment..... So, nothing to be optimistic or pessimistic about.....

Whilst this is true about traveling, we have to be honest that we’re not going to maintain all of the benefits of being an EU member. That just won’t happen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I for one unfortunately do not hold the same optimism that we’re going to keep all the perks of being an EU member, when we’re no longer a member.

You don’t say

Mike

Whilst this is true about traveling, we have to be honest that we’re not going to maintain all of the benefits of being an EU member. That just won’t happen

This is your view, which you are welcome to however, you must understand - Many do not share it.

Without any hard facts, your view is also a pessimistic view IMO. So, why not be an optimist instead?

If the EU27, want the enjoy all the same benefits whilst in the UK, then why can we not maintain current "benefits?"

We have been through this there is currently no evidence a traveler will be any more inconvenienced than he is now.....

I´ve never had a problem driving in Switzerland with a UK
license.
It´ll be grand.

A very constructive opinion

So how do you think Brexit is going to make things better for us, who like to travel throughout Europe?

No different to travelling around the Federal States of the USA and Australia. Cross the Channel or North Sea into the Shenghen Area and drive. I’m sure they’ll be happy to take our Euros as they are now.:thumb

I think you guys are in fantasy land if you all think leaving the EU will make travelling around Europe better, or even that we’ll have the same benefits as what an EU member has. The EU will not allow us to maintain such benefits on principle as that’s the whole point of being a member. If you can gain those benefits without having to be a member then what the whole point of membership. Absolute fantasy land

I think you guys are in fantasy land if you all think leaving the EU will make travelling around Europe better, or even that we’ll have the same benefits as what an EU member has. The EU will not allow us to maintain such benefits on principle as that’s the whole point of being a member. If you can gain those benefits without having to be a member then what the whole point of membership. Absolute fantasy land

que sera sera

If I was talking about the economy, politics, immigration etc. Then yes I agree there are better groups to discuss. But Brexit will have an impact upon how we travel around Europe. So this is relevant to this group.

Brexit throws up many uncertainties such as wether we’ll need an International Driving license which is a serious possibility, as well as many other compromises. I’ve yet to find a single positive outcome when it comes to European travelling. Only negatives.

It’s not called an International Driving Liscence. It’s called an IDP, International Driving Permit.
Even Italy, Spain, Portugal requires one in certain circumstances as well as many East European Countries. Also Iceland.

https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/driving-abroad/idp-country-list

Fantasy land is thinking the EU will adopt a hostile stance. As for driving it will make little if any difference. Why not just wait and see rather than get in a tizzy. As James Bell comments Que Serra Serra.

@CooperSmith
Why continue?
Your own fear and opinion of what you think the future holds for Brits and European travel due to Brexit is not shared in this thread from what I can see.
The vote was transparent and caught the government out too.
Within reason the democratic decision has been accepted and seems that your audince here feel (to quote @james bell ) que sera sera

You go on about Travel Benefits we will lose.
So what exactly are these benefits?
Hard facts please, NO Remoaner fantasies.

I show my Passport, pass through Customs when crossing the Channel. Is that going to change?

I pay for Travel/Health Insurance as the E111 is of dubious benefit in some if not many EU countries and certainly doesn’t cover re-patriation costs. Insurance for the vehicle is a legal requirement and Breakdown and expenses cover is sensible.

So instead of spouting off give some facts.

I think you guys are in fantasy land if you all think leaving the EU will make travelling around Europe better, or even that we’ll have the same benefits as what an EU member has.
It´ll be miles better.
Hows your roof, for corrosion ?

You go on about Travel Benefits we will lose.
So what exactly are these benefits?
Hard facts please, NO Remoaner fantasies.

I show my Passport, pass through Customs when crossing the Channel. Is that going to change?

I pay for Travel/Health Insurance as the E111 is of dubious benefit in some if not many EU countries and certainly doesn’t cover re-patriation costs. Insurance for the vehicle is a legal requirement and Breakdown and expenses cover is sensible.

So instead of spouting off give some facts.

27a22afbe3c8b76ab7a0293c91bcc8ac.jpg

It's known as propoganda. Typical political weapon.

Exactly - Propaganda - NOT Facts.
It could happen, we could have World War III after the USA invade N.Korea, VW could cut the Price of the California by 50%, Jeremy Corbin and Teresa May could be accused of Historical Sex Crimes.

It’s not propaganda it’s factual. But if you disagree then please give me an example of where it’s propaganda?

Back