Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Internal Socket in B Pillar

DrJuanKerr

DrJuanKerr

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Am I correct in saying the Internal Socket in the B Pillar is only "powered" if I'm on hook up? I have solar so would never usually opt for a hook up on a camp site but I'm considering a projector.

It's down to three choices at the moment
1. Anker Nebula Capsule like @MattBW has
2. Optoma ML750e
3. Asus ZenBeam S2

Noth the Anker and Asus have an internal battery but the Optoma does not. So, would I need to be on hook up to power it?
Thanks

Last edited:
Am I correct in saying the Internal Socket in the B Pillar is only "powered" if I'm on hook up? I have solar so would never usually opt for a hook up on a camp site but I'm considering a projector.

It's down to three choices at the moment
1. Anker Nebula Capsule like @MattBW has
2. Optoma ML750e
3. Asus ZenBeam S2

The Anker has an internal battery but the others do not. So, would I need to be on hook up to power the Optoma and Asus?
Thanks
if you are referring to the 150w/230v Inverter socket on the base of the B pillar behind the passenger seat - this works off the Leisure Battery so does Not require the vehicle to be plugged into EHU. You do need a Plug adapter - see Forum Shop and you are restricted to a maximum 150w.

Thanks @WelshGas . So this will work off that socket quite comfortably?
Optoma ML750e - DLP projector - 3D
Video Modes480p, 720p, 1080i, 480i, 576i, 576p
SpeakersSpeaker(s) - integrated
PowerAC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)
Power Consumption Operational65 Watt

Interesting idea about projector. If you don't mind me asking; where would you project it from and to while in the van and where would you sit whilst watching it. What would your picture input be from e.g. from laptop, phone, hard drive recorder etc etc

With the roof elevated and "ceiling" pushed up I have a small shelf that runs the width of the vehicle.

I will cite the projector on that and project onto a white sheet or similar on the front of the pop top canvas.
I will raise the rear shelf support, lower the bed and position myself lying down to watch the projection.
..... Simples
;)

Fantastic, great idea. What will you use to input the video image?

iPad or iPhone. Unless that is, if I get the Optoma ML750e. That has a built in SD card reader so negates the need for HDMI cables and the like

Sorry for 'jumping in' - can the socket run a Tassimo etc? We too have solar but at the moment struggle to use it for anything other than keeping the fridge going.....

Sorry for 'jumping in' - can the socket run a Tassimo etc? We too have solar but at the moment struggle to use it for anything other than keeping the fridge going.....

Based on what @WelshGas said earlier, assuming it's less than 150W I guess you're "good to go"

Thanks @WelshGas . So this will work off that socket quite comfortably?
Optoma ML750e - DLP projector - 3D
Video Modes480p, 720p, 1080i, 480i, 576i, 576p
SpeakersSpeaker(s) - integrated
PowerAC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)
Power Consumption Operational65 Watt
Power wise Yes. The only problem might be the Inverter is not a high end Pure Sine Wave unit and some electronic equipment doesn't like eg . Oral B rechargeable tothbrushes don't like it.
The seller or company might know. If it doesn't then you could wire a Pure Sine wave 100w + Inverter direct to the Leisure Battery.

When you get your setup sorted would you mind letting us know how you get on and what you think "thanks for sharing"

Sorry, I'm afraid that Inverter socket is only rated to 150w and most of the Tassimo machines I've looked at are at least 1000 w or more.

You don't need mains power for the Nebula, it has a 4 hour battery life and can be charged via a regular usb adapter from 12v sockets.

You can also plug in a usb stick with a micro usb to usb adapter cable but wont be able to charged whilst doing this (although a usb hub may work).

As I just fitted an Isotop I now have a white screen that can attach via velcro to the isotop velcro fixing points which was a genius idea by Nick from the club shop. Can't wait to try it out on our trip.

I use a Phillip's picopix projector sat on top of wardrobe with bed pushed up. Mount it on a gorillapod. Hang a white sheet up in front of front bellows. Use anker external speaker. Works well.
Outside can use awning side as screen. Bit like going to the drive in.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As I just fitted an Isotop I now have a white screen that can attach via velcro to the isotop velcro fixing points which was a genius idea by Nick from the club shop. Can't wait to try it out on our trip.
@MattBW if you don't mind me asking, how much was the "sheet" please? Cheers

I don't think they are for sale at present, just a great idea stolen from Nick after seeing his at the Slimbridge meet. :D

White vinyl trimmed in black with velcro tabs sewn on

I don't think they are for sale at present, just a great idea stolen from Nick after seeing his at the Slimbridge meet. :D

White vinyl trimmed in black with velcro tabs sewn on
Just spoke to Shayne at the shop. They're £50. Will the vinyl show a good picture or it it more matte

Just spoke to Shayne at the shop. They're £50. Will the vinyl show a good picture or it it more matte
Anything white will give you a better picture than the Cali blinds, but the very best picture would be a high gain screen. They are special material and can be quite expensive probably not worth it for a van?

I plan to try it very soon, and will report how it performs, sorry I can't be sure just yet, I have it ready to go but only just put my isotop in to fix it up.

Anything white will give you a better picture than the Cali blinds, but the very best picture would be a high gain screen. They are special material and can be quite expensive probably not worth it for a van?

I plan to try it very soon, and will report how it performs, sorry I can't be sure just yet, I have it ready to go but only just put my isotop in to fix it up.
Well come on man. We haven't got all day lol

Back