Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Internal black thermal screen?

Steeble

Steeble

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Id like to get some internal thermal screens for the van but keen on how the silver looks from the outside. Does anyone know of any which are black on one side? I know I can get external ones but want the inside ones for a more stealthy camping look. Used to have some in my old caravelle that I made but not really got drive to make them again

Thanks but looking for thermal ones. Also not sure if these would work on Cali as think they need the exposed metal round the window for the magnets.

I had after market tint and used the Brandrup Isothermal ones. You can barely tell they are in place. I did not use magnets or velcro as they stayed in place pretty well without.

Yes and no.
No: Windscreen and drivers/pax doors
Yes: All other windows

The drivers/pax blinds have magnets that stick to the doors. No difference to the VW supplied blinds. The rods in windscreen blind are sufficient to hold it in place along with the the magnetic fixing that loops around the rear view mirror. They are also slightly oversized at the ends to ensure no light gets in.

If you buy the blinds for any other window you’ll need the small metal sticky pads as the windows have the plastic surrounds.

They blinds are really well made, good quality material and will stow away up top.

I was using a Rainbow external screen cover, which are also excellent, but wanted something that was of a similar quality but didn’t get wet, wasn’t a hassle when I wanted to open the doors and I easily remove it so I could look out the driver window and see the views.

Reccomended.
Brilliant, thanks for the reply. Hopefully they're worth the cost

We've purchased some and they are really good. Needless to say the windscreen cover is black on the reverse side.

View attachment 72207
Those look really great. Do you notice much difference using these versus the standard blinds?
I like the blackout aspect but I’m not sure we need the thermal aspect given the overnight heater.

Those look really great. Do you notice much difference using these versus the standard blinds?
I like the blackout aspect but I’m not sure we need the thermal aspect given the overnight heater.
For me they do add a measure of extra comfort. On cold winter evenings the front seats can get somewhat chilly with the standard blinds. Using these thermal blinds my back and neck feel all cosy and warm, and I can even lean myself against the window comfortably.

They keep the light out really well.

Last edited:
Back