Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Internal bike storage rail mount

F

flyingmm

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for an internal fork mount for a bike that would attach and secure to the internal railing and stop the bikes sliding about when I’m on the move? Cheers

Thanks Loz,

Does anyone else know of any off the peg versions you can buy, otherwise I think I’ll dabble with some DIY?

Haven’t yet pulled the trigger but checked with these guys NAS the measurements work. Not sure about length of bike and bike seat though.... their fork mounts look rest sweet and adaptable AMs got some great reviews.

if go for it please let me know how get on fitting bike inside van.

Haven’t yet pulled the trigger but checked with these guys NAS the measurements work. Not sure about length of bike and bike seat though.... their fork mounts look rest sweet and adaptable AMs got some great reviews.

if go for it please let me know how get on fitting bike inside van.

Let us know how that goes if you do pull the trigger @LondonPride - looks spot on

These from evoc work - meant as a base for their travel bag. Not cheap & both wheels off, but does mean you can put bike in across the back of the wheelbase is short enough

I think your solution looks really nice @Loz and I'd almost try and build it myself, untill I realised I don't actually need it. :) Wondering though, why you'd need it. Is it purely a thing of safety for your bik(s)? That they do not get stolen from the bike rack? Especially as it takes around 2 seconds to get my MTB on the bike rack. And how does this work on the ride home when your bike is muddy as...

I think your solution looks really nice @Loz and I'd almost try and build it myself, untill I realised I don't actually need it. :) Wondering though, why you'd need it. Is it purely a thing of safety for your bik(s)? That they do not get stolen from the bike rack? Especially as it takes around 2 seconds to get my MTB on the bike rack. And how does this work on the ride home when your bike is muddy as...
One of my reasons for getting a van is to carry a bike inside on solo trips so I can actually stop at the service station without worrying about the bike going missing off the back. Not a problem on a family trip when we can go in shifts, but on my own it is a nice option, hence looking for ideas.

( @Martin , would it not be handy if the search function search results would appear chronologic, or by number of followers or so?)

Not quite enough room if I want to use the rear bench. Maybe need a shorter MTB.

6FB38A77-F7FD-4095-AF2F-A67F59B13E40.jpeg

Back