Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Intermittent electric window fault, any ideas please ?

G

gatvol

VW Newark replaced the passenger electric window motor last week following its complete failure on my 61 plate.

The new one worked for a couple of days and now only works intermittently. To my mind an intermittent fault is the most dangerous sort. Indeed it even worked today when I unlocked the door, but before I put the key in the ignition.

I now dread it failing again in the down position. Does anyone have any suggestions please as to what the true problem might be here please as VW has already had one go at this and I don't want to destroy the door card by taking it back again and again.

Many thanks.

It may be an intermittent problem with the window switch as well. Does the window work from either side or neither?

Thanks

Hi. When it works it works with both switches. When it fails it fails on both Switches
Thanks

We have a similar problem on a Caddy that we have in with us today until Friday, so will let you know the outcome.

cheers

We have a similar problem on a Caddy that we have in with us today until Friday, so will let you know the outcome.

cheers
hi, I know it was a few years ago but this is happening to my Cali and I wondered what your out come was. thanks