Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

interior laddrr

A

Anne

VIP Member
Hi. We have just had delivery of our new (ex demo from Leicester) Olympian Blue Californian and are just playing around with it, trying to learn all about its nooks and crannies. We are new to this camping lark and our only experience was with a hired vehicle a couple of months ago. We are both heading for our 60th birthdays and are not as supple as we used to be, particularly after a couple of drinks, so I was hoping someone could help us with the dilemma of getting up and down to the top bunk ( our preferred sleeping ) easily.

We live in East Lothian and we see very few other California campers. I believe there are only 100 in Scotland.

We would be grateful for any help

Anne and Iain

Camper vantastic sell a 2 metre ladder. But appear to be out of stock. Believe Maplins have similar telescopic ladders. http://www.camper vantastic.com/product.php?prod=294&cat=

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mapplin have withdrawn theirs due to safety concerns , I tried to get one only last week

Do u know what Maplin's safety concerns were?
I bought one from them a couple of months ago for £12. It was last of a few left so they charged me to bring it from a store in the SE to My local store. It's a solid piece of kit for the money and just about reaches the upper bed.
It is also very handy for reaching my stuff on the roof bars.
Only safety concern I have is when collapsing the ladder with the small sliding switches you wouldn't want to leave any fingers/body parts in as the steps come down like a guillotine with a considerable amount of force!

hi

we too have tottered (probably literally in my case) into the over 60's category.

we bought the collapsable ladder- we looked on ebay and maplin, but got ours from JTF warehouse

get one if you can. they are perfect. ours fits behind the passenger seat. we use it to go 'upstairs' lol
and we also use it for access to the roof box.

great if you mind your fingers when collapsing it. hope you find one.

if you are at COTF you will find someone with one to look at. pm me if you want to see ours

I bought a 1.7m Maplin one for £15 in August last year - it has just sat in the garage. If anyone wants it I can take it to COTF.

T

We have a maplins telescopic ladder bought online delivered for £18.99 at the time also fits neatly behind passenger seat.

www.sgt-training.co.uk

How and where do you put the ladders, we were looking at one at the COTF but unfortunately didn't get to speak to the owner. We use a big square cushion on one seat to make it a little easier but bulky in van :?

Hi
When in use (twice) I have my ladder against the front lip of the roof hatch with the base on the floor next to the (reversed) seat cushions. MynMaplins ladder is quite a tight fit and the top of the ladder only just reaches the lip so I intend the try and adjust seat position etc on my next trip to try and get a better overlap to give an increased margin of safety against slipping.
Would interested to know how others use theirs.

We use ours sideways across the drivers seat. The bottom is prevented from moving by the passenger seat base and the top leans against the plastic edge of the roof opening. As others have mentioned you have to be very careful to keep your fingers out of the way when collapsing the ladder but apart from that it s ideal. When not in use we keep ours on the back shelf with the bedding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk