Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance

If you go online LV actually have a dedicated motorhome area of their site, get the quote through that & there can be no ambiguity as to what you are insuring.

Lv were about a quarter of the price for me at last renewal.

View attachment 107718
Ah missed that one! Thanks Andy :thumb I’ll have a butchers…

(did you go motorhome or campervan, noticed your screen shot has motorhome selected)

(did you go motorhome or campervan, noticed your screen shot has motorhome selected)
That was just me looking for the right screen to show it exists,

I havn't got a clue what mines under, I just did a vehicle change from the Grand California to the Ocean & the Morgan is on the same policy.

I remember from my NFU days that they had some exclusions like No Courtesy Car for own fault accidents as they assume it will only be used as a second vehicle, also the included breakdown recovery service did not apply to motorhomes.

My Ocean is insured with LV as a “VW Motorcaravan”
I’m 48 with 1 years NCD in a private basement car park in London E8 = £559

Many thanks for recent input chaps. In the end (after making sure I am deffo comparing 'apples with apples') I will stick with NFU. I spoke to them and they pass the 'Bacon Butty' test. The price reduced a little to under £500 as it happens and also they have the lowest excess that suits my needs.

Job done..... cheers :thumb

Just to add my recent experience with LV …

The specific Campervan button on the LV website produced a surprisingly cheap quote of £385 – about 40% below my existing insurers renewal price. Suspecting that the Campervan, Motorhome etc links all take you through the same quote process I rang LV to check the quote. When I said my vehicle is a campervan they put me on hold, returning to say that their online quote system treat the vehicle as a transporter van and they had to revise their price to cover a campervan, raising the price to £470.

My experience seems different to others above, but maybe worth being aware of.

I’m with LV. The policy says that “ in car equipment “ is covered provided it came with the car. A California isn’t a car, it’s a Campervan, Surely LV know this ?

2B70CC77-3F60-46E3-88B5-6B4B43CFA720.jpeg

Sorry, I didn’t read previous posts, this has already been debated.
Anyway if the renewal quote is reasonable I am sticking with LV.

Sorry, I didn’t read previous posts, this has already been debated.
Anyway if the renewal quote is reasonable I am sticking with LV.
Just received my renewal quote from LV, gone up considerably more than I was expecting, last year £370, next year £620.

Just received my renewal quote from LV, gone up considerably more than I was expecting, last year £370, next year £620.

Same here. £339.74 last year, £577.29 next year.
The best I can get on comparison sites is £720 so staying with LV but gap between them and rest has narrowed.

Same here. £339.74 last year, £577.29 next year.
The best I can get on comparison sites is £720 so staying with LV but gap between them and rest has narrowed.
We have LV on our car and the premium went up hugely this year, but to be honest we couldn’t find a better quote from any provider we would trust. I still called them and asked for their ‘best price’ and they knocked off about £80. Go figure!

Has anyone come across or used Ripe Insurance? Half the price of CAMC who doubled my policy this year.

I've had at the t's and c's. Most of the cover looks fine. The problem may be personal possessions. They are totally excluded - but there is no limit on camping equipment.

Anyone have any idea why Comfort declined to quote me. No possible reason except for a minor vandalism claim 4 years ago.

Has anyone come across or used Ripe Insurance? Half the price of CAMC who doubled my policy this year.
I have.
After posting, I began to wonder about my choice, given some of the comments, but decided that overall they seemed no better or worse than any other provider in terms of service while offering a product definitely tailored for the motorhome/campervan market.

I have.
After posting, I began to wonder about my choice, given some of the comments, but decided that overall they seemed no better or worse than any other provider in terms of service while offering a product definitely tailored for the motorhome/campervan market.
It’ll be interesting to see how you get on. They quoted me £255. I’d probably have lived with the lack of personal possessions cover for the savings - but I bottled it after reading reviews. Change fees were a concern as I will be moving later this year. Ended up with Caravanguard - still a tidy saving of over £100 compared to CAMC

Many thanks for recent input chaps. In the end (after making sure I am deffo comparing 'apples with apples') I will stick with NFU. I spoke to them and they pass the 'Bacon Butty' test. The price reduced a little to under £500 as it happens and also they have the lowest excess that suits my needs.

Job done..... cheers :thumb
Never thought of NFU. Gave them a call and they provided a decent quotation, and with no tracker requirement it makes them the cheapest quote i've received so far :thumb