Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance question - no claims

M

Mollymoo

VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
After ordering a new Ocean on the 20/03/21 we have been told by VW that our Cali is at the UK port awaiting delivery to the dealer.:bananadance2 So around a year from order to collecting. We ordered it with a tow bar, lowering springs and a few other options possibly adding to the delivery time. As previously mentioned we sold our last Cali prior to the first lockdown and it's been a long wait to get another.

Off now to get some Insurance quotes :headbang Just a question, we've had insurance through Safeguard and Comfort before
and I can't remember which one it was but when I left they said they wouldn't confirm in writing my built up no claims to take on with me. Any advice or experience to let me keep them as I'm selling my car and don't want to lose them?

Thanks

Normally you NCB is kept for 2 years if you don’t insure a vehicle but then you lose it if not used.
We are with LV for our car and van they seem to be pretty good but obviously insurance can vary with many factors. Area, where it’s parked, drivers age experience and NCB.

After ordering a new Ocean on the 20/03/21 we have been told by VW that our Cali is at the UK port awaiting delivery to the dealer.:bananadance2 So around a year from order to collecting. We ordered it with a tow bar, lowering springs and a few other options possibly adding to the delivery time. As previously mentioned we sold our last Cali prior to the first lockdown and it's been a long wait to get another.

Off now to get some Insurance quotes :headbang Just a question, we've had insurance through Safeguard and Comfort before
and I can't remember which one it was but when I left they said they wouldn't confirm in writing my built up no claims to take on with me. Any advice or experience to let me keep them as I'm selling my car and don't want to lose them?

Thanks
I think they have an obligation to give you proof of NCD. Insist or take up with the ombudsman.

Normally you NCB is kept for 2 years if you don’t insure a vehicle but then you lose it if not used.
We are with LV for our car and van they seem to be pretty good but obviously insurance can vary with many factors. Area, where it’s parked, drivers age experience and NCB.
Thanks I will get a quote from LV

We moved to LV last Sept for both van and car, just moved house contents & building to them.

I think they have an obligation to give you proof of NCD. Insist or take up with the ombudsman.
It was over 2 years ago when they told me so i have probably left it too late. I have 2 other policies with NCD and want to go with a company that will give me proof of NCD if moving on at the end of the Insurance period.
Maybe i was given duff info. at the time.

It was over 2 years ago when they told me so i have probably left it too late. I have 2 other policies with NCD and want to go with a company that will give me proof of NCD if moving on at the end of the Insurance period.
Maybe i was given duff info. at the time.
Really you should have had proof of your NCB on your renewal letter but insurance companies have a central data base and they know exactly what your NCB is at any time they know everything about you. They even know what you had for breakfast.....

Really you should have had proof of your NCB on your renewal letter but insurance companies have a central data base and they know exactly what your NCB is at any time they know everything about you. They even know what you had for breakfast.....
When I recently renewed my car insurance and had a discussion about a limited mileage policy, I was surprised to be told how many miles the car had travelled in the past year and the year before. (They were correct).
I was so surprised, I didn't ask them how they had that information.

When I recently renewed my car insurance and had a discussion about a limited mileage policy, I was surprised to be told how many miles the car had travelled in the past year and the year before. (They were correct).
I was so surprised, I didn't ask them how they had that information.
MOT?

Thanks
Hi Mollymoo

Here at Safeguard when you cancel your policy we always provide you with written proof of any no claims bonus you have earned and in use on your policy with ourselves, so you might not have been with us.

It varies from insurer to insurer, but most will accept any no claims bonus you have that was earned in the last 2 years and not currently in use elsewhere.

Depending on customer details, we can also sometimes give introductory discounts to customers who don't have any no claims bonus available to transfer, but have it in use on another vehicle.

If you want me to check if you did have any insurance with us or get you a quote, just let me know by starting a private conversation with me here on the Forum and I can arrange for us to contact you by phone.

Oscar Allen
Safeguard

Back