Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance Premiums hike?

Thanks . Mine is 15k. I’m not so much bothered about the actual cost (so many factors involved) as the 40% hike. Nothing on my personal front has changed other than my age.

At 70 I’m happily retired.
Similar age my LV insurance went up £1 in 2022 from 2021 year. I am a member of Boundless by CSMA which gives a discount with LV and business use included as standard although I am retired, no difference in price. You can join if working or retired from the public sector or civil service, also old state owned such a PO, BT and Steel. No point stating my by price as it will depend on California type and age and where you live. LV is also cheaper if you have more than 1 policy with them.

Multi house and two car policy with LV.
Cali worked out at £343 with 12k mikes p.a.
6k private 6k business miles
Age 50 West Midlands area. Low crime area

My remeŵal with LV has come through at £593. That’s up 40% from last year‘s £423 on a new Ocean 4motion. The only personal change is that I have turned 70 years old, I guess that would account for some of the increase. Anyone else with similar hikes? I don’t want to get a tracker fitted (I have a Bearlock), would appreciate any suggestions.
Mine went up about 20% for no apparent reason last November. I tried alternative quotes but could not find anything cheaper, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Back