Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance Premiums hike?

Van Maurice

Van Maurice

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
We saw a YouTube recommendation to go to Just Kampers (we are with Comfort just now). Just been on the phone and their first hit for fully comp was £730! Would be interested to hear of anyone's experience out there, as we need to renew by 5th April.

We saw a YouTube recommendation to go to Just Kampers (we are with Comfort just now). Just been on the phone and their first hit for fully comp was £730! Would be interested to hear of anyone's experience out there, as we need to renew by 5th April.
We got a quote from Comfort and was over £700.
Try AIB they give a discount for this forum and their renewal quote was £490 for 10,000 miles new for old for 2 years/15000miles and Business use for myself and wife,
Lv quote a few hundred cheaper but not as good cover.

We got a quote from Comfort and was over £700.
Try AIB they give a discount for this forum and their renewal quote was £490 for 10,000 miles new for old for 2 years/15000miles and Business use for myself and wife,
Lv quote a few hundred cheaper but not as good cover.
Blimey! Thanks, Mollymoo. Our renewal quote from Comfort was £475 and that was for fully comp and a ridiculous 25k miles pa.

I’m with LV and mine actually went down this year. £240 fully comp with full NCD.

Comfort also wanted a tracker as they say a new van is over 75k. I think the business cover for both adds a fair bit.

I’m with LV and mine actually went down this year. £240 fully comp with full NCD.
My quote with LV was similar until I added extras but they don't cover new for old past year 1 unlike others 2 or 3 years which we wanted.

Looks like LV is worth checking out - thanks, Magic Bus. Mollymoo - we have business use for one of us too. This is a minefield and rather annoying to see Insurers quoting these sky high premiums...

Recent renewal with Safeguard was £414.
No tracker, included European Breakdown & Recovery + Legal.

We’ve just received our renewal notice from NFU for £581 :eek: Last year it was £451. This is in a low risk Postcode area with full ncd although I notice it does include breakdown cover (I will ask them about this as we really don’t need it).

I have been very happy with NFU previously, they are a little old fashioned but at least I can talk to a human and they don’t charge admin fees for any changes to the policy. However my loyalty is being challenged this time…..

Anyone else with NFU had their premium rise like this?

Last edited:
We’ve just received our renewal notice from NFU for £581 :eek: Last year it was £451. This is in a low risk Postcode area with full ncd although I notice it does include breakdown cover (I will askthem about this as we really don’t need it).

I have been very happy with NFU previously, they are a little old fashioned but at least I can talk to a human and they don’t charge admin fees for any changes to the policy. However my loyalty is being challenged this time…..

It seems everyone is getting a different price with quite a range. Our premium with Comfort dropped to a little over £400 when we reduced the mileage down to 10,000 p.a., but there is no breakdown cover as we have this with VW already.

We’ve just received our renewal notice from NFU for £581 :eek: Last year it was £451. This is in a low risk Postcode area with full ncd although I notice it does include breakdown cover (I will ask them about this as we really don’t need it).

I got a quote of £475 from them with business cover I accepted the quote but when I went to pay they advised me they had made a mistake and don't do business cover for Campers.
LV quoted £327 and AIB who I am with quoted £495 for renewal which I went with.

That's interesting, Mollymoo, as Comfort have included business use for us....

€2000 here. Fully comp, but not new for old. That's with 15 year no claims. They cannot understand that something classified as a camper could be my only vehicle. Might be a lot cheaper if I had another car.

My remeŵal with LV has come through at £593. That’s up 40% from last year‘s £423 on a new Ocean 4motion. The only personal change is that I have turned 70 years old, I guess that would account for some of the increase. Anyone else with similar hikes? I don’t want to get a tracker fitted (I have a Bearlock), would appreciate any suggestions.

My remeŵal with LV has come through at £593. That’s up 40% from last year‘s £423 on a new Ocean 4motion. The only personal change is that I have turned 70 years old, I guess that would account for some of the increase. Anyone else with similar hikes? I don’t want to get a tracker fitted (I have a Bearlock), would appreciate any suggestions.
No. I've been insured with C&MH club for past 9 yrs having purchased new. Premium for 20,000 annual milage started at £420 and now at £390 and I turned 70 3 yrs ago.

My LV quote was £360 fully comp and no tracker.

I was getting frustrated with our quotes, but then I took an alternative view; a brand new £74k vehicle with enhanced cover (i.e. the extra possessions cover etc..) is only costing 40% more than the basic insurance on a 5 year old Honda Jazz. Seems more reasonable in that context (and yes, we did shop around).

Depends on what you write as your job description.
I’m an engineer.
I work on Bio Tech equipment.
So this helps me choose the best job title for me.
Might help you lower premiums a bit.
Obviously make sure you quite a job description that reflects your work.
Otherwise your insurance would be null & void.

No. I've been insured with C&MH club for past 9 yrs having purchased new. Premium for 20,000 annual milage started at £420 and now at £390 and I turned 70 3 yrs ago.
Thank you. I‘ll give them a try.

I am with NFU. £340 for 12k miles, 2 drivers over 50, rural area. I have just had our Audi renewal come in at almost double the previous years price with Admiral though so it may be that insurance is going up.

Back