Insurance for a trailer

AlisonF

AlisonF

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi, I've done some searching but not found an answer, so apologies in advance if this is already covered elsewhere.
I'm looking to ensure a trailer that I plan to tow with the Cali. The company I insure the Cali with doesn't cover the trailer (but does cover 3rd party whilst towing). It's quite an expensive trailer, so I'm looking for how the best way to insure it. It will be kept on /adjacent to the driveway with a wheel clamp when not used.
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I've done some searching but not found an answer, so apologies in advance if this is already covered elsewhere.
I'm looking to ensure a trailer that I plan to tow with the Cali. The company I insure the Cali with doesn't cover the trailer (but does cover 3rd party whilst towing). It's quite an expensive trailer, so I'm looking for how the best way to insure it. It will be kept on /adjacent to the driveway with a wheel clamp when not used.
Thanks in advance.
https://www.hertsinsurance.com/trai...gAD0_yBDv1zDQzU0Am1nmePgLnRo-vVMaAuhzEALw_wcB

Frankly I wouldn't bother. I have several expensive trailers and used to insure them all but it costs a fortune compared to an actual motor vehicle.

Spend the money on hefty security measures instead.

Get a strong removable security post concreted into your drive and then chain the trailer down with a heavy duty chain and top quality security padlock. Make sure it is fastened securely to something immovable otherwise, putting it politely, there are those that will merely pick it up and make off with it on their toes.

Last edited: