Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inka second skins?

When did you order? I placed my order on 15/11 and nothing yet. Have chased once but will be a bit more direct this time I think.
Just after you - 18th Nov. I think they’d originally given an expected delivery date of 8/12, but they arrived yesterday. Good luck! For what it’s worth, they look and feel good quality.

I know that the rear bench instructions were posted earlier but here are the instructions for the front seats too, which Inka kindly sent me. My own fitting has been deferred until tomorrow and (hopefully) better weather, but they do actually look quite straightforward to fit.

Attachments

• Lifestyle Covers Rear Double fitting.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
  • Lifestyle Covers 1+1 fitting.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 71
A couple of pics of the second skins. Absolutely delighted with them. Easy to fit with no special tools required. Really nice feel and quality to them and of course, the darker edges shouldn’t get grubby. The insert (and cushion) colours tone really well with the Ocean cupboards and carpets (Brandrup Moonrock pictured). Great value compared with other options at £395 including cushions. Ordered mine directly from Inka.

View attachment 48373View attachment 48374
These look really smart, I have a 2016 with the comfort leather seats, which are lush, but prime for us to spill or get grubby in someway. These are the non spinning ones, so I recently fitted Kiravan swivel plates to and they work a treat.

Interested to know a couple of years on, how are these seat covers doing? Still looking good or bagging out/bobbling a bit?

Thanks again for the posted pics, much better than the actual Inka site pics ;)
Matt

These look really smart, I have a 2016 with the comfort leather seats, which are lush, but prime for us to spill or get grubby in someway. These are the non spinning ones, so I recently fitted Kiravan swivel plates to and they work a treat.

Interested to know a couple of years on, how are these seat covers doing? Still looking good or bagging out/bobbling a bit?

Thanks again for the posted pics, much better than the actual Inka site pics ;)
Matt

I don’t have that Cali anymore (Elmo 2) and sold the covers to another forum member. The current Cali (Elmo 3) has Brandrup second skins fitted. The Inkas are better IMHO.

Having viewed this thread I decided to buy a set of the Inka GTI Red seat covers for my T6 Cali as the reviews and photos were positive. What I didn’t do though was check Trustpilot!! (This was an error on my part). When ordering direct via the Inka website I paid just under £400, which was £30 less than eBay and Amazon, which I was happy with. Their website stated that my covers were in stock and that I should get them within a week. Great I thought, now over 4 weeks later I am still waiting . The customer service from Inka is woeful and all their phones are turned off so you can’t speak with them direct. They have stopped answering my queries on when I will get my covers and I get a standard message to say there has been a delay due to ‘Brexit & Covid’ which is very poor. The latest reason for the delay is a shortage of the GTI tartan!! There is no mention of this on there website. They even state at the point of order that they will contact you stating the reason if your covers are delayed. This is a joke as I have not heard anything from them and it’s only after my 4th or 5th message that they have the decency to send a very poor reply without and real info on when they will deliver my covers. I have no doubt from the reviews on here that the quality of the covers are good but there customer service is the worst that I have ever experienced. I am only not cancelling my order as it has been over 4 weeks and hoping that they will turn up soon. Just thought I would share my experience in case anyone was thinking of ordering and needed similar covers (GTI Red Tartan) covers quickly.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Argee & be1ton for sharing the fitting instructions for the Inka second skin seat covers, which came in really useful. My new seat covers arrived yesterday after a 5 week wait. Not pleased with the customer service from Inka but the seat covers look good quality for the price. They were also very easy to fit with the instructions. It took me about 3hrs to fit all the covers today. Also wanted to mention, which I will probably be shot down for!, that I fitted the covers over my faux leather and alcantara seats, so yes they do fit over the leather/alcantara seat option. Personal choice but I know from this forum that there are lots of criticism for doing this, but each to there own. I have attached a few photos of the finished job. Thanks again to all those who provided very helpful advice and information on the Inka seat covers.

C6BAE71B-64D2-4FE4-9F25-AD4946CAE18F.jpeg

E36C2B36-EFD8-4980-95D2-DC6EB67CEE2F.jpeg

3552C7A5-5C7E-4EA9-8F5E-8402094F8000.jpeg

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Argee & be1ton for sharing the fitting instructions for the Inka second skin seat covers, which came in really useful. My new seat covers arrived yesterday after a 5 week wait. Not pleased with the customer service from Inka but the seat covers look good quality for the price. They were also very easy to fit with the instructions. It took me about 3hrs to fit all the covers today. Also wanted to mention, which I will probably be shot down for!, that I fitted the covers over my faux leather and alcantara seats, so yes they do fit over the leather/alcantara seat option. Personal choice but I know from this forum that there are lots of criticism for doing this, but each to there own. I have attached a few photos of the finished job. Thanks again to all those who provided very helpful advice and information on the Inka seat covers.

View attachment 82099

View attachment 82100

View attachment 82101
Looking good…I fitted mine today and am really happy with them. I didn’t have the instructions and apart from the bench seat base went on really easy. The bench is another matter…my fingers are still a bit sore!

Echo your experience of customer service. I ordered over 2 months ago, told they’d be 2 weeks max. Multiple chase up mails, no phone contact and vague promises. The COVID excuse is really getting on my nerves tbh…that aside, they look good!

I know that the rear bench instructions were posted earlier but here are the instructions for the front seats too, which Inka kindly sent me. My own fitting has been deferred until tomorrow and (hopefully) better weather, but they do actually look quite straightforward to fit.
Thank for sharing instructions. I have just recieved my order waited over 8 weeks. Customer service was shocking although the covers look good. Will be fitting this weekend. Anyone planning to order you will need to bear in mind company has one speed, slow.

I am aware this is an old tread, just waiting for delivery of out T6.1 Coast and am thinking we would be wise to get some covers. How have these covers done over the years are they good?

About a year in and mine have been great. Good fit, hard wearing and pretty much essential in my mind with a dog and two groms leaping all over the seats!
Definitely recommend…

I spoke to Inka this morning, who were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. This is a brand new product launched this year. They seem very high quality and great value compared with the alternatives. I’ve decided to go with them, will post some pics up once fitted on the new van.
I fitted some about 2 months ago and there fine look good and nice matching covers, they were a bit slow arriving the only thing is they seem to spring a little on the front seats otherwise great.

Does anyone know if these can be bought from mainland Europe, or is it UK only?