Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inka seat covers - will grey ones stain?

sd5000

sd5000

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi,

Now we've been on several trips with 2 accident prone (lovely) children I will be buying a set of Inka seat covers. Does anyone have any experience of grey (or beige) Inka seat covers and whether they stay clean or are easily cleaned when dirty / something is spilled (e.g. blackcurrant / chocolate (kids) or red wine (me or mrs d.))

We have a warm grey interior and think that grey covers would look less harsh / less van like than black covers, but its only worth it if they dont end up becoming stained.

Any comments of experience of any of the colours welcomed.

Thanks,
Simon

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Staff member
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I have the dark grey and they have been in and out of the wash several times and still look good
I can't comment on black currant stains our have been mostly the dog :thumb

My Inka ones have stained (grease/oil) and scratched. 5&8yr olds that have given them a beating inc top mattress cover. Thats OK tho because they are doing the job! Not a bad cost either so easily replaceable. :clap

beardie

beardie

sd5000 said:
Hi,

Now we've been on several trips with 2 accident prone (lovely) children I will be buying a set of Inka seat covers. Does anyone have any experience of grey (or beige) Inka seat covers and whether they stay clean or are easily cleaned when dirty / something is spilled (e.g. blackcurrant / chocolate (kids) or red wine (me or mrs d.))

We have a warm grey interior and think that grey covers would look less harsh / less van like than black covers, but its only worth it if they dont end up becoming stained.

Any comments of experience of any of the colours welcomed.

Thanks,
Simon
Well, its better to stain £85 covers than ££££££ seats. I have the grey ones and alhtough they dont look as good as brandrup they are a quater of the price

spiderstu

spiderstu

VIP Member
I got mine from Amazon.co.uk. It looks like they have beige and black ones on there at the moment.

Cheers

sd5000

sd5000

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
:thanks

Thanks for the replies. I called Inka and grey are currently out of stock so waiting to hear when they will be back in.

T

Tammy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi,
We are in New Zealand and imported our Inka grey covers purchased via Amazon UK. I think they are great and doubt they would stain with normal use. Black current - maybe. But as others have said they are reasonably priced, look and feel good and do the job protecting expensive upholstery. Well worth it. Alex

VW California Club