Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ingenious space savers!

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
Just got a lovely FOLDING kettle from wacky practicals..silicon body, stainless steel base, body folds down into base (almost flat) comes in red blue or green
very funky, stylish and really ingenious
brilliant buy for the Cali with its limited cupboard space
they also do fold down buckets, cookpots, wash bowls, pet bowls and other stuff
check out http://www.wackypracticals.com
new ritual...whilst roof goes up, unfold and fill the kettle..by the time the awning and chairs are out the tea will be ready...bliss....

That is an execellent find, thanks for posting it David.
Luke

Cracking kit... like Martin I've had the bucket for a couple of years... fantastic kit. (In fact I've got three... but that's another story)

Bought mine after using Marts at Standford Hall a while back.

Interestingly enough was in Blacks on Friday and noticed they stock them.

M

Good find David! ordered the kettle and bollard. Cant wait!! Little gismos like this make camping more fun and are really useful. Malc

'Go Camping' also do a range of 'fold flat' items.

I didnt notice they had any buckets, but they did have a fold flat collinder and a chopping board with a fold flat container at one end for collecting all the 'bits'. Both useful items i hadnt previously seen seen and will be adding to my camping gadget collection shortly!

Great spot and timely as our kettle started leaking badly last week while we were away.

I am going to order the kettle. Anyone attending Wickstead Park on the 5th, shout up in the next hour or so if you want one and I'll bundle them together, save on the postage and deliver it by hand (ok, by Cali) on Sat and you can give me the cash.

Californiaman said:
Great spot and timely as our kettle started leaking badly last week while we were away.

I am going to order the kettle. Anyone attending Wickstead Park on the 5th, shout up in the next hour or so if you want one and I'll bundle them together, save on the postage and deliver it by hand (ok, by Cali) on Sat and you can give me the cash.

Did you try Amazon they seem cheaper, :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keyw ... om3ll0vx_e

John

Thanks fellows. Ordered from Ebay to save on delivery miles - they're just up the road from me ;-) (actually, I was a little to quick on the keyboard to get the even cheaper Amazon one. Doh!)

Thank you David! We've gone a little mad and bought the bucket, bowl, dog-bowl, funnel and coffee filter thingy (not all for the Cali). What ingenious items - wish we'd known about these when we were tenting.

Can any of the foldable kettle owners tell me if the water tastes ok after being boiled? My wife is concerned that boiling water in a rubber container may leave a taste in the water???

They are not cheap and I would hate to buy one and find my tea tastes strange!

We already have the foldable washing bowl.

Now, just need a foldable portaloo and Cobb to really cut down on storage space ;)

Regards Barry

Barryjim

Folding kettle is made of silicone, not rubber. No it does not taint the water, tastes fine. They are a brilliant idea.

For a wash bowl from outwell the same and is a good size to use on campsites and when collapsed fits in cupboard easy :)

Re the Wacky Practicals collapsible kettle - Bought one a few weeks ago..

It is a brilliant bit of kit, and I can't recommend it enough! Well worth the money, and in response to the previous question - water tastes normal.

:grin:

Our wacky kettle was delivered today. Replaced our trusty kettle. So much space in the cupboard now. What can I buy to fill it? ;)

Bought one and used it on our two week holiday in France, it worked a treat and made packing much easier.

Only thing we miss is the whistle when it boils, it is very easy to forget about especially when outside enjoying the sun :D

So if anyone has seen a push on kettle whistle please let me know.

Regards Barry

Back