Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Informal Meet Lechlade 1-4th October 2021

GillianC

GillianC

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I went to see my friend this weekend and it is all systems go for an unofficial Cali meet at her farm at Lechlade.
This is very much a trial event but if successful could become a regular occurrence.
It will be on a working dog training/ boarding business so we couldn’t get access till after 5 pm on Friday and we could either leave anytime on Sunday or after mid morning on Monday.
It is within easy walking distance of Lechlade with its river, shops and pubs and a really lovely garden centre in the other direction.

Very peaceful location and we would have our own massive field (or in the event of bad weather there is hard standing), 4 toilets and one shower in a mobile home plus the ability to charge devices and 2 EHU points in the event of an emergency.
There is also an elsan point and fresh water tap.
The access road isn’t great but manageable - I’ve been up it numerous times and they have had dog agility camps with caravans going up and down.
£20 a night payable in cash . Great dog walks and a very friendly and welcoming host.
Max 10 spaces available so let me know if you would like me to reserve you a space.
PS the trees would be cut back to allow more height through to the camping field .

Lechlade 5.jpg

Lechlade 4.jpg

Lechlade 2.jpg

Lechlade 1.jpg

Lechlade 3.jpg

Just bumping this up as there are so
many new posts I don’t want it to vanish!

Looks good. How fars the nearest boozer?

Great location, sorry I can't make this weekend Gillian, catch up soon though!

I’m not available that weekend, sorry.

It looks a super spot Gillian, a good find. Lots to do in the area without having to move the Cali if you don't want to.
I'll check the calendar.

Simon

Thank you Simon.
Just to clarify, we have five people who have already expressed an interest but there are another 10 spaces free.
come and join us!!!

Hi Gillian,
Location and date look good, sounds like fun, please count me in.
Vivienne
Ps would this be with or without a dog?

Excellent!
Dogs more than welcome and some lovely walks from there and access to their own fields too.
Look forward to meeting you then.
Gillian

I would be interested, also I live in Swindon.

Hi Gillian, thanks for organising this event. Count us in please. Never been to Lechlade before so that will be a first. Hope to meet plenty of new and existing friends on what looks to be a great weekend away. Thanks again.

Looking forward to seeing old ( that doesn’t sound right somehow ) and new faces. Lechlade is a lovely place.

I happen to live in Lechlade so if anyone wants some local info on where to go/what to do then let me know.

We had some excitement yesterday- someone magnet fishing in the Thames pulled out a live grenade. Long story short - bomb squad did a controlled explosion. Second time it’s happened this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Gillian, we would love to support your friends generous offer of a site meet. Lovely part of the world and looking forward to it.

Just a reminder that there are 9 spaces left for this meet.
An excellent chance for the new owners to come and see other vans and get some tips.

I happen to live in Lechlade so if anyone wants some local info on where to go/what to do then let me know.

We had some excitement yesterday- someone magnet fishing in the Thames pulled out a live grenade. Long story short - bomb squad did a controlled explosion. Second time it’s happened this year!

Hi, are there places left, would like to join you all if possible? Sounds like a nice place

@nickb77 sorry I missed your post. Are you able to join us or at least come and visit?

Hi Gillian. I should be able to pop down for a visit on the Sunday.