Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inflatable mattress solutions

Let me know what you think of them. If they are easy to inflate and give you a good nights sleep. Very tempted to get one.
I will let you know - all good so far. I am letting it settle for the next 24 hours.

Last August I bought a Sea to Summit campervan SIM. Inflated it at home and it seemed great. Then deflated and stored it away. Because of Covid and good weather when we were away didn’t use it or even take it anywhere in the van.

Then we thought we’d get it out for this season. I didn’t even that before I put it in the van that I needed to deflate it again. Deflated it to next to nothing and guess what? Overnight it reinflate itself. Then I thought perhaps you need to store it with the valves in reverse (air out only) but it still inflated itself.

Sent Alpine trek an email with photos and put it in the back of the empty van to demonstrate the problem.

They got back to me straight away and said that Sea to Summit wanted it sending to Germany so they could check it out for a possible repair. Wouldn’t have been happy with that but sent it back to Alpine Trek with a pre-paid returns label. Didn’t hear for a few weeks so emailed them and they said it hadn’t been sent to Germany yet but as a goodwill gesture they would refund me to my card. The refund went in yesterday.

I have been impressed with Alpine Trek’s customer services.

What I thought was a good space versus sleep comfort compromise and what I’d expected:8BBB7473-DD4B-47C7-80F3-DC6F7FA6DC29.jpeg

What I didn’t expect after about 6 hours (when it was cold too):

728DC8F4-ABD6-43D5-938E-8CCBB4335D86.jpeg

Very disappointed and won’t be getting another so looking for something else now.

Last edited:
Our sea to summit mattress was re-inflating itself after a short time once the air was out. I found a very small slit beside a seam. Used a piece of clear gorilla adhesive tape to cover the slit.
So far it is holding up okay. Sea to summit do sell a repair kit for their SIM mattresses.

Last August I bought a Sea to Summit campervan SIM. Inflated it at home and it seemed great. Then deflated and stored it away. Because of Covid and good weather when we were away didn’t use it or even take it anywhere in the van.

Then we thought we’d get it out for this season. I didn’t even that before I put it in the van that I needed to deflate it again. Deflated it to next to nothing and guess what? Overnight it reinflate itself. Then I thought perhaps you need to store it with the valves in reverse (air out only) but it still inflated itself.

Sent Alpine trek an email with photos and put it in the back of the empty van to demonstrate the problem.

They got back to me straight away and said that Sea to Summit wanted it sending to Germany so they could check it out for a possible repair. Wouldn’t have been happy with that but sent it back to Alpine Trek with a pre-paid returns label. Didn’t hear for a few weeks so emailed them and they said it hadn’t been sent to Germany yet but as a goodwill gesture they would refund me to my card. The refund went in yesterday.

I have been impressed with Alpine Trek’s customer services.

What I thought was a good space versus sleep comfort compromise and what I’d expected:View attachment 82189

What I didn’t expect after about 6 hours (when it was cold too):

View attachment 82190

Very disappointed and won’t be getting another so looking for something else now.
exactly the same here - I'm about to try to return ours (bought from puremtn.com about a month ago).

It is super comfy though so if it can be repaired I'm still a fan.

Just wanted to add forum input regarding Sea to Summit orders from Bikester in Germany. Ordered 2 comfort deluxe Si SIM’s on 29th July for a great price. Delivered yesterday. No extra tax or charges.

Really impressed with this mattress. Have used it for an extended trip where we were moving on each day. Only a little bit of a faff to squish down for travel. It provides exceptional comfort and because the core is a honeycomb of foam, it seems to be breathable. We have decided not to bother trying to squish it back into its original tiny bag. and getting this instead which should be a good fit when it is folded into thirds - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392860250939 Chair Bag Carry Bag 116x60x20cm £24.64
As Sea to Summit recommend it is kept inflated between uses so that the honeycomb core retains its 'memory', we think this should be a good compromise for storing it.

UPDATE ON SEA TO SUMMIT SI CAMPERVAN DELUXE.....I just checked the site and have written to Sea to Summit. It looks like the Campervan version of the deluxe is no longer offered. It is not that it is Out of Stock but completely discontinued. I'm waiting for a confirmation from S2S. Although the campervan version is available on the continent, I can't find anyone willing to ship it to the UK.

UPDATE ON SEA TO SUMMIT SI CAMPERVAN DELUXE.....I just checked the site and have written to Sea to Summit. It looks like the Campervan version of the deluxe is no longer offered. It is not that it is Out of Stock but completely discontinued. I'm waiting for a confirmation from S2S. Although the campervan version is available on the continent, I can't find anyone willing to ship it to the UK.
Maybe you will find someone on the continent willing to receive and reship it for yo

Back