Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Indoor shower with hot water in a California

M

Mehdime

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
I came across this odd but amazing video where a French owner goes through his learnings after 2 years of using a California.

At 2:20, he demonstrates in the most deadpan manner how he takes hot showers *inside the van*. His setup involves an electric shower hose, a pan with warm water, a foldable dog bath acting as the shower tray and an actual shower curtain held up using clothes pegs.

I came across this odd but amazing video where a French owner goes through his learnings after 2 years of using a California.

At 2:20, he demonstrates in the most deadpan manner how he takes hot showers *inside the van*. His setup involves an electric shower hose, a pan with warm water, a foldable dog bath acting as the shower tray and an actual shower curtain held up using clothes pegs.

That video certainly made me smile. Priceless! I don’t know if there’s a French equivalent of ‘Heath Robinson’, but this guy gets my vote! I’m not going to show my wife his outdoor clothes line on the left hand fixing channel - I’m sure she’d get me to knock one up :talktothehand. Not sure she’d be too happy having a portapotti seat for dinner though. {Full disclosure - I had already thought about the ceiling hanging rope for privacy!! }.

Also noted he has a portable height gauge - I bet @CampervanBits will have one available next week :D

Very interesting. I'm planning to film some hot shower options next week including hot eat back into the main tank/showet vs bucket/portable shower, Tarp round tailgate vs popup.... I'll try to remember to post a link here or keep an eye on our channel, linked below.

Back