Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Indium Grey or Candy White

We have Indium grey, always looks clean even when it’s not - stay clear of white, had one white car a VW scirocco, never stayed clean, you see all the bugs splatter and IMO doesn’t shine. Dark colour, shinny alloys - great combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its funny you say about white. I owned a white car only the once and was surprised at how clean it stayed. it wasnt at all what I expected. For me, it was one of the cleanest looking colours I've owned.

However, id imagine the Lindum Grey does a great job of looking clean most of the time. :thumbup

I agree with Eber123 colour is a personal choice we chose a two tone red and white which always reminds me which way to put the jam on a jam and cream scone of course the jam is always on the bottom.

Sorry had to get that one in.

730EE2D6-9ABD-4B3C-9B8A-7FDBDC15DBD4.jpeg

If I bought another cali it would be white again I like a white cali ,,,
white hides a lot of light scratches dark colours enhance light scratches especially in the sunshine ,white stays cooler in the sun so great if you plan on using your cali in Europe.saying that we have a crafter on order in grey ;) so I hope the pictures of our old vans might help you decide

BE5D5C66-61B1-48EC-BF7A-8F018BEE941B.jpeg

EFB0BBBF-EF7C-4B47-99FE-A15E6804C3FA.jpeg

338A25BE-0F8D-497C-94EC-80E9F6F910AB.jpeg

White every day!! I have had two white Calis and have loved them both. IMHO grey is dull
and boring. Personal taste though.

Definitely grey, had a white car - never again! It showed every speck of dirt

I went white because I assumed it would be cooler to live in in the summer; based on the fact that lots of motor homes and caravans are white. I may be wrong though - haven’t experienced it in the heat yet (plus I’d have nothing to compare it with).

hide hides the dirt really well

45592CE5-E1C5-46A7-BF33-03B57C1AFFBD.jpeg

I have white - I wasn't sure at first but it turned out to be a good camouflage colour for parking on the road. It's low key and frequently mistaken for a work van - a plus as I get let out in traffic and more waves. The Teens use the side of the van to project movies when camping

Ascot Grey is the new Candy White

Last edited:
I struggled a while, decided to go with indium grey and I don't regret it, IMHO, looks classier than the candy white they were having in the showroom.

picture is fresh from this morning20210220_083643.jpg

I also think it's a bit more descret and you don't need to clean it as often.

We went for indium grey, we wanted to be discreet, it's good for stealth camping. Easier to clean. We are also using ours for snowboarding weekends and it gets very dirty with road salt, I can't imagine how bad it would be in white.

I have white - I wasn't sure at first but it turned out to be a good camouflage colour for parking on the road. It's low key and frequently mistaken for a work van - a plus as I get let out in traffic and more waves. The Teens use the side of the van to project movies when camping
I cannot believe you said that as most white work van drivers are assholes

I cannot believe you said that as most white work van drivers are assholes
Just offended about 20% of this forum :D:D:D

To be fair we are though.

Once i got my candy white i started reading The Sun, aggressively cutting up traffic and wolf whistling women walking past the van. Dunno whats come over me?

I’ve had both and prefer my white one. I’m amazed VW didn’t change the Indium Grey on the T6.1 to another shade of grey.

B1734089-DD56-4A0F-98DA-7EA7B094ED2B.jpeg

Just offended about 20% of this forum :D:D:D

To be fair we are though.

Once i got my candy white i started reading The Sun, aggressively cutting up traffic and wolf whistling women walking past the van. Dunno whats come over me?
Brilliant

Brilliant
Sorry your reply is so good we had a great laugh as your spot on ! Didn’t mean to offend the Cali drivers! The candy white is nice actually love it with the silver trim

One thing suggested on a buying guide I read was if you go with white stone chips will show less. I just sold a grey car and won't get another.

I’ve ordered Indium Grey as Pure Grey was not an option in the UK. if we wanted we could always wrap the top half in white but I suspect we will stick to grey.

Iridium Grey looks very classy, I get lots of comments how good it
looks, also not a problem in the hot Australian sun.

Back