Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Indium Grey or Candy White

Richard Hurst

Richard Hurst

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Struggling to decide on the colour choice out of these two. Has anyone gone for one of these colours?

We have Indium grey, always looks clean even when it’s not - stay clear of white, had one white car a VW scirocco, never stayed clean, you see all the bugs splatter and IMO doesn’t shine. Dark colour, shinny alloys - great combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m biased, but no way I would consider a Candy White over Indium Grey. Most work vans are Candy White

We have white and wouldn’t have anything else. You can half wrap it or add lots of black like B pillars and mirrors. Plus it doesn’t get so hot in summer. I thought you were a viper green man anyway?

We have white and wouldn’t have anything else. You can half wrap it or add lots of black like B pillars and mirrors. Plus it doesn’t get so hot in summer. I thought you were a viper green man anyway?
Viper Green is a great colour, wish that was a choice. I was thinking white because the fact you can do the half wrap option down the line.I also have a black bike rack

As well as a blue Cali I have a grey daily driver and a white “weekend toy”. The white car shows the dirt something awful, especially this time of year.
I guess it depends on how bothered you are about appearance and how keen you are on car cleaning.

Well if you’re looking to half wrap it, that’s a different story. But for single colour, no contest in my biased view

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Grey outside, grey inside. In my biased view, its an safe colour on the eye. I have an saying in Architecture. "If in doubt grey it out".

I went grey vs white but I would go mojave given the choice again. I have a number of white cars and agree that grey hides the dirt better but the white is still easier than my black car in summer.

Indium for me, no contest. Hides the dirt, doesn’t show minor scratches too bad, looks good, contrasts well with black accents, or chrome accents. Which is why we stuck with it for the new van; Ascot caused pause for thought, more for a change really, but Indium just works so much better for us.

I nearly bought an indium grey T6 before settling on the 2tone, think it’s a great choice and looks great when polished up, white also looks good but does show all the tar spots etc and would need more attention. If you wish to stand back and admire then I think the grey would be more pleasing.
if you are seriously considering a wrap then maybe white is the sensible choice?
Hope I’ve helped!
if it were me I’d go Mojave beige. ;)

Struggling to decide on the colour choice out of these two. Has anyone gone for one of these colours?
We chose white, it always looks clean and it gives us options. We’ve themed black and red with our white Beach which we really like.
We have had a number of white vehicles it’s always been our favourite choice for cars. Currently also have a white & black Toyota.
Colour is very much a personal choice, we find the grey dull & uninspiring, others love it.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
As well as a blue Cali I have a grey daily driver and a white “weekend toy”. The white car shows the dirt something awful, especially this time of year.
I guess it depends on how bothered you are about appearance and how keen you are on car cleaning.
Disagree, we have 2 whites, they don’t show dirt anymore than any other vehicle.

If you care about resale, then possibly go for Grey.

In most of not all the ‘what’s the best colour’ polls on here Grey has always come top / very near the top.

It’s a ‘safe’ choice. Probably why it’s been available on the T5.1, T6 and now T6.1

We’ve had both indium grey and candy white T6 Oceans. We both preferred the white. As many have said, you can also wrap it should you desire. Current T5 is off road grey. Prefer that to indium.

I do think it’s a shame that VW don‘t offer more colour choice on the Cali in the UK; there is a wider choice on the T6.1 range and also on the continent. There’s a vibrant blue which looks great, a flat grey (which personally I really like) and a metallic yellow/gold which is stunning. I don’t find any of the colours currently on offer particularly inspiring or fun tbh.

Had both - white T5 and now an Indium T6 Beach. Both can look great but the grey is easier to live with. A6BA7B55-0631-4F49-9349-68CF99E60A42.jpeg8B08611C-8E07-46CB-BC3F-4124D3F18717.jpeg

Good afternoon,

Colours are a very private choice and it is based on preference, money and functionality.

We have a grey California, but not by choice. It was a demo van that we bought in July 2017. Have I said that, even if I would win the lotto and buy a new California I would go for the same colour. The reason for this is that 1.) the colour grew on me and 2.) it does not draw to much attention.

During the NEC in Birmingham some time ago I saw a VW T6 in two tone silver and a wonderful red - for my taste a colour combination to die for. That and nice 18" wheels and the California is a beauty which will draw the attention wherever you are. But I don't want that. Have I said that it won't be available in Ireland anyway.

At the end it is what you prefer, what is available and what are you willing to pay (standard colour, metallic, two tone, cover in plastic etc.).

Colourful California,
Eberhard

Back