Inconsiderate drivers and Door Dings

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Is the California/Beach susceptible to body dents from inconsiderate drivers? And has anyone fitted some sort of side protection?
Do SideBars help?

Get one of these fitted :laugh2

hqdefault.jpg

I just tend to park away from everyone else, which usually means I then have a good walk. Or park in wide bays on the end of the row. Could even park across two bays.
In nearly three years my cali has not been carpark dinged to my knowledge.

T5's ... Not many negatives but big plain panels, and soft paint positively invite those supermarket car park dings and scratches.

Try 'Automotiva'' for vehicle protective side strips,(can be supplied painted), rear bumper protection and bumper corner protection strips.

Cheers,

Rob H.

:goodone and :thanks

trev911 said:
I just park like this

article-0-0C4B082900000578-613_638x364.jpg
is it your 'high performance' car or just your general superiority (clearly you are much more important than everybody else) that allows you to take up two spaces?

If it is a pay and display, I will purchase 2 x tickets

beardie said:
trev911 said:
I just park like this

article-0-0C4B082900000578-613_638x364.jpg
is it your 'high performance' car or just your general superiority (clearly you are much more important than everybody else) that allows you to take up two spaces?
I've got no problem with parking across 2 spaces. I've done it before in our cali particularly in supermarkets.
It's certainly not a question of superiority just self preservation

Hi,
much to my annoyance my new Cali was delivered with a tiny ding in the drivers door.
The dealer sent a guy to repair the ding and although I was frankly rather sceptical that said ding could be repaired to my satisfaction it was simply amazing to watch the repair done (with a mallet!) leaving no visible remnants of the ding/repair.
I would certainly use the company again if I ever had another ding as repair only took 15 minutes or so and they do it at your home.
Can't remember the name of the firm off the top of my head but let me know if you need the number as am sure I have kept their card somewhere.
Cheers

Nothing disturbed/removed at all. Method was to slip in some long thin plastic strip between the window and door skin then tap out the ding with a small hammer - amazing!

Back