Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Incoming!

Pegsinho

Pegsinho

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi all,

Been hanging around here for a while now soaking up all the very useful information, and just signed on the line for our Cali, to be collected next Friday, exciting times.

Been looking at getting a van for a while and debating between Cali and conversion but in the end, after looking at both, the Cali seems to tick all our boxes even if it costs a bit more. We just missed the timing on ordering new but luckily the stars seem to have aligned and our perfect spec came available from a dealer stock, static demo, March reg with 10 miles on the clock.

All the important details:

204 Ocean in Ascot Grey
Sports pack
Art Velours
Discover Pro
Power slide door (probably wouldn't have specced but nice to have)
Comfort mattress
Shower attachment
Tow bar
Few driving aid bells and whistles
Leaky bellows (probably - they're 03S)

Only thing we might have added ourselves is 4motion but we were very undecided as to whether the additional cost was worth it.

Looking forward to family adventures with our 6 year old boy and doggo. Now the fun of filling the thing with all the bits and pieces begins in earnest, though the plan is to do a couple of small minimalist trips to find out what we need (and crucially don't need) first.

Anyway thanks for all the advice so far! I'll be sure to get some pictures on once picked up.

Welcome and congratulations. I think ascotgreycali might be a little biased on the colour though

Surprised it is 03S bellows in March. Ours arrived Feb but wasn’t registered until March and has the newer bellows. You can get the extended warranty added as long as the van is less than 3 months old.

Surprised it is 03S bellows in March. Ours arrived Feb but wasn’t registered until March and has the newer bellows. You can get the extended warranty added as long as the van is less than 3 months old.
I assume it's been sat at the dealer for a while before being registered. It does have the 5+ warranty though.

Excitement building for van collection tomorrow, I've been pouring over all the 'what do I need' threads for a while now but waiting until we're a few trips in before making any purchases except absolute necessities.

But what is the one single item you experienced folks wouldn't be without while out in your Cali? Not talking about obvious stuff like hook up cable or water hose. More stuff you never knew would make your life easier.

Excitement building for van collection tomorrow, I've been pouring over all the 'what do I need' threads for a while now but waiting until we're a few trips in before making any purchases except absolute necessities.

But what is the one single item you experienced folks wouldn't be without while out in your Cali? Not talking about obvious stuff like hook up cable or water hose. More stuff you never knew would make your life easier.
Ridge monkey

A topper for whichever bed you decide on…try both beds of course, but a topper will add so much to your comfort and sleep quality.
Enjoy!!!!!!

30PCS Coloured Cable Ties:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09MTRBCQD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I have ones labelled up and coloured appropriately for EHU, fridge (door open to air after use), roof up, grey water red drain open, etc. etc..

Put them on steering wheel or gear shift.

Particularly useful whilst you (and other users) learn the ropes.

I've had a look at ridge monkeys having seen many mentions, would you say you could have one in lieu of other pans or is it something you'd have in addition to e.g. saucepans?
Cooking fried eggs in a ridge monkey is the only way they cook the best no oil needed lol

External windscreen cover…. 3 years of ‘faffing’ with those front screen blinds and I’m careful with ‘everything’, husband wasn’t even allowed to touch the front blinds. Decided enough was enough, too delicate by far, very poor design.
Very happy with our purchase and no need to worry about “ is it going to rip, will it fully, fit back in and not rattle”

Our Space Mate sliding drawer. Not cheap and I know many on the forum feel they’re an unnecessary luxury but we think it’s brilliant.

Our Space Mate sliding drawer. Not cheap and I know many on the forum feel they’re an unnecessary luxury but we think it’s brilliant.
I was watching a couple of reviews on these by Camper Time just yesterday and I can definitely see the appeal! One to think about once we've used the boot a few times I reckon

Duvalay sleeping bags with integral freshtec 40mm mattress. Has transformed sleeping both upstairs and down.
Thanks I was trying to remember the name of the sleeping bags with the integrated mattress, I will check these out

Here's a picture from collection by the way. I thought it was going to be a reasonable colour to keep clean because its almost a 'dirty white' but 100 miles later in the rain and its blooming filthy

We enjoyed a nice fish and chip dinner and a bottle of bubbles on the drive. The boy wanted to sleep in it but it's due to rain tonight and I've not tested the bellows yet He's not interested in sleeping downstairs.

Loving our very short journey into van life so far.

20240503_120345.jpg