Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

In-line water purifer

Loz

Loz

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Has anyone fitted an in-line water purifier and if so where?

In my past vehicle conversions I have fitted a Nature Pure bacteria filter to ensure clean drinking water so I will be doing this again and wondered if anyone has already done this and where did you locate it?

I think it is a good idea, we currently do not drink the onboard water and to have an in line filter would be a big bonus for us. I know many motorhomes have these filters fitted so why not a campervan? It will be interesting to see what replies you get.

Any system that depends on replaceable cartridges has a question mark. I would prefer to depend on chemical sterilisation. The system you mention seems to depend on it's own delivery system. If there is an in-line filter on it's own then best fitted in the pump outflow near the water tank cover assessed via the rear storage cupboard.

• Informative
Reactions: Loz
Yes it's called building it your immune system.
It's just that a friend of mine caught hepatitis and once you get that you pretty much have it for life so better to be safe than sorry..
I don't like the taste of chemicals in water so seemed a sensible way to go...

get a life
Sorry, but did something I say offend you?

If its a good idea, depends on convenience, where you travel and personal reference. I could easy consider this solution, because I would avoid chemicals in my water.

Anyway. Before you chose a system, you need to align the pressure of the pump. The 3M for instance needs 1.2 bar pressure. I do not know how much pressure the pump in the Cali can produce …

It's just that a friend of mine caught hepatitis and once you get that you pretty much have it for life so better to be safe than sorry..
I don't like the taste of chemicals in water so seemed a sensible way to go...

Sorry, but did something I say offend you?
Not sure if you are new to forums (probably not) but the way I view them is to thank and acknowledge the informative, helpful and funny (whilst trying to do the same) and to ignore the rest. Having read this thread you haven't said anything to offend anyone just asked a question.
:thumb;)

We use 1L bottles with a built in filter called a Travel Tap. This can simply be refilled from virtually any water source so is very versatile. We have used it all over Europe, the States and S America. Its even been filled from the Amazon.
Cost is 30 quid and the filter is good for 1000 L. Saved a fortune on buying bottled water.

I'd be interested if you come up with a solution. I don't have any experience of in-line filters in motorhomes but we do have one at home. One concern I would have would be what the output water pressure would be. Our filter at home delivers water at a considerably lower pressure than he mains that feeds it.

Not sure if you are new to forums (probably not) but the way I view them is to thank and acknowledge the informative, helpful and funny (whilst trying to do the same) and to ignore the rest. Having read this thread you haven't said anything to offend anyone just asked a question.
:thumb;)
Thanks, I was just testing really, Just in case I had upset him somewhere else :Grin

Not really new to forums... I started running bulletin boards in the late 80s for the Amiga community, been admin and moderator on a few forums for years now.

The problem with being a mod is you have to sit on the fence and try and see all sides, but it's fun to just be a member sometimes :)

If its a good idea, depends on convenience, where you travel and personal reference. I could easy consider this solution, because I would avoid chemicals in my water.

Anyway. Before you chose a system, you need to align the pressure of the pump. The 3M for instance needs 1.2 bar pressure. I do not know how much pressure the pump in the Cali can produce …
Yes I agree, in the past I have used a 3stage sure flow pump with the filter as they are bacteria filters they need good pressure, the sure flow is 3.2bar delivers on demand (pressure switch built in)and pretty quiet.

Thanks, I was just testing really, Just in case I had upset him somewhere else :Grin

Not really new to forums... I started running bulletin boards in the late 80s for the Amiga community, been admin and moderator on a few forums for years now.

The problem with being a mod is you have to sit on the fence and try and see all sides, but it's fun to just be a member sometimes :)
;) Ah forum craft at its best! :thumb Just didn't want someone new to the forum to be put off!
Can't believe you are an Amiga guru?! I grew up with that tech! I have 2 Amiga 500s in the loft, one batman edition and one with the trapdoor expansion fitted. Where have all the developers from the 80's gone, Codemasters etc. Pioneers in my view!!
Sorry for getting excited there back to water purifiers! :)

Last edited:
Amigas, that's posh. We're still on Commodore 64s. :) At least they're still in the loft together with disk drives and a daisywheel printer.

I ran the Enterprise BBS on a B2000 with an external 80MB winchester that cost me ÂŁ800 :eek: My mate Miller ran 01 for Amiga. Still see Miller once a month... those were the days...:)

I had a VIC 20, wish I still had it.

But back on water, I want to be able to drink the water out of the tap so I was wondering if anyone uses water purification tablets as a safeguard?

If I use a filter will I be able to fill the tank with my garden hose?:bananadance

I had a VIC 20, wish I still had it.

But back on water, I want to be able to drink the water out of the tap so I was wondering if anyone uses water purification tablets as a safeguard?
Only if I'm not sure about the water supply.

With the right filter you can fill it from a stream...

Sorry that was a cheeky post. In the past on this forum there was a massive thread about filling your water tank with your garden hose and all the perils that would engulf you. It became known as "Hosegate"