Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ikea Drawers in Kitchen

Very clever, could you post the product numbers please.
Thanks

That looks really good - well done!

I looked on Ikea website and can see the drawers, but I cannot see the "frame" or drawer-fronts. Do you have a link?

Cheers
Mark

The frame is from 20mmx20mm alloy system profile and 10mmx20mm alloy systemprofile

You have to build 2 U forms...

The lower frame of the U is 435 mm 20x20 then left and right 520mm 10x20, the upright stands are mounted with corner mounts, stability will given by mounting the ikea drawers.
Old drawer and drawer rails must be removed, then the upright stands fit perfect between.

Here some detail pictures... I mounted also 2 short 20x20 on the buttom so it will not move.

The ikea list but german material codes dont know if they international

1. Einkauf bei IKEA

Front für Auszug, silberfarben
Höhe: 14.8 cm height
Artikelnummer: 001.300.92
Stck. € 7,00 1 St. = € 7,00

Front für Auszug, silberfarben
Höhe: 8.9 cm height
Artikelnummer: 801.300.93
Stck. €5,00 3 Stck = € 15,00

Vollauszug, tief mit Dämpfer, silberfarben
Tiefe: 35 cm deep
Höhe: 13.5 cm height
Artikelnummer: 301.101.63
Stck. € 30,00 1 Stck. = € 30,00

Vollauszug mit Dämpfer, silberfarben
Tiefe: 35 cm Deep
Höhe: 8 cm height
Artikelnummer: 601.101.66
Stck. € 26,00 3 Stck. = € 78,00

image.jpg

But u have to be quick, i heard that ikea stopps with this 35 cm drawers and will go to 37cm, but they want fit...only the 35cm works!!!!

Very impressive. Are they rattle free as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I looked into this a year or so ago, using timber instead of matel u forms. Decided it was too heavy. Drawers alone are very heavy, but sturdy.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

I'm seriously considering doing this modification, I hate tryng to find things in disorganised cupboards.

Thanks for the useful thread :thanks

I also went down this route and have found them to be excellent. Yes the parts are heavy, it is all relative as I just leave the family at home and travel on my own [WINKING FACE] hehehe!

Mine too use wood, I copied Pirat's design from a year or more ago. One advantage is that they are total free standing with no extra holes required. I left the original top drawer in place. You can not carry so much but it is much more accessable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back