Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ID Buzz

Can’t wait to see the live feed of this Police chase. Where the bad guy drives a steady 50mph and outlasts the battery on the police car, in his bid for escape…;)

View attachment 98962
Surely the opposite?....my assumption is it's that it's gong to be used in urban use caes and short journeys (not polluting the air) :D
Once all the police electrical equipment is installed + weight of operational equipment, they wont have much range left; Looks nice though - exepect they will make a Lego model as well.
I'm guessing, going out on a limb here, that it's not been procured for the Road Enforcement Dept. Always smart to take a swing and miss too, see how viable the product is in real life. Lego one will of course be epic.

Well, on the road they would just radio for another cop car to continue the chase

I'd be more worried about bad guys putting a bullet through the battery and the van exploding like they do in the movies

I think someone’s been watching too much A-Team…:D

busted... that and MacGyver, which also comes in handy when DIYing around the Cali :p

Fair point on a single shot, what I meant is if you shoot enough, fuel would eventually be released and then likely ignite if the shooting continued.

We should find out how many US EVs are involved in and then explode in similar scenes from Heat?

This reminds me of the video of the Tesla exploding with the batteries replaced by a ton of pyro (set up by a Dino Insurance company).

The Buzz came to Busfest this weekend as part of its on going worldwide promo tour...interesting to see how it was easily adapted for living / camping in with addition of rear slide out kitchen pod/ extension for bed. Christian from VW has been living / camping in it and driving all over Europe and beyond and says he has had no issues at all re range and charging up OK as long as you remember to top up when it says to! And yes it does feel much smaller inside....
Interesting to see in todays telegraph the buzz billed as the new must have family accessory!!!!!. well it was the Telegraph!!!

I have been in contact with a large VW dealership since the ID-Buzz introduction. I expressed during recent calls my interest in a Cali based on the ID Buzz (LWB). Today they phoned again and said they would have a meeting with PON (importer NL) and a meeting with VW in Hannover. It seems that based on interest/demand, especially from the USA, VW is speeding up the electric Cali design and development, although it is not in production yet. But apparently the intro could well be in 2024!
Knowing current lead times for the T6.1 Cali it might well be that an electric one can be delivered earlier?

Irmscher (German car tuner) has already a camper mode module available for the current ID-Buzz....
u1qyzv0b52v7_800.jpg

When? December 2024…?
That’s a long way away.

ID California anyone….
B5D4636D-8272-4031-8EF6-046672358AAC.jpeg

What would be more interesting is how they will deal with all the ancillary equipment and how they will be powered., fridge, Parking Heater cooker, roof etc. Will they be all electric powered by the drive batteries or by separate Leisure Batteries and will they be Lithium ?
Would the vehicle heating system be used in camping mode instead of a separate camping heater system. Lots of capability for innovation.

What would be more interesting is how they will deal with all the ancillary equipment and how they will be powered., fridge, Parking Heater cooker, roof etc. Will they be all electric powered by the drive batteries or by separate Leisure Batteries and will they be Lithium ?
Would the vehicle heating system be used in camping mode instead of a separate camping heater system. Lots of capability for innovation.

I would image, gas/diesel heating and cooking will be a thing of the past.

Not too sure how far you'd get on a Scandi-jaunt in sub zero temps. Range 50km as long as you don't heat it or cook/cool anything? Still, at least you could sit there charging safe in the knowledge you're a trend setter.

When they introduce the long wheel base with bigger battery then I think it will have great potential.
One thought though is the next Transporter being built at the Ford factory using Ford engines with their E range transits able to achieve greater range and capability of carrying heavier loads may be worth considering. Info is the Transporter will be VW using Ford components where appropriate.

Last edited:
When they introduce the long wheel base with bigger battery then I think it will have great potential.
One thought though is the next Transporter being built at the Ford factory using Ford engines with their E range transits able to achieve greater range and capability of carrying heavier loads may be worth considering. Info is the Transporter will be VW using Ford components where appropriate.
Last I checked Ford uses PSA diesel units. Anyone who thinks this is good news should have a word with my neighbors most excellent Citroen Campster which makes regular visits to the dealer for engine trouble. And the thing is under three years old.

I also had a Ford with a diesel engine. POS. My late father in law had a Peugeot diesel. Same story. I know this is all anecdotal, but I've seen/heard-of/experienced far too many cases for this to be "normal". I for one am not going anywhere near a PSA oil burner again.

Last I checked Ford uses PSA diesel units. Anyone who thinks this is good news should have a word with my neighbors most excellent Citroen Campster which makes regular visits to the dealer for engine trouble. And the thing is under three years old.

I also had a Ford with a diesel engine. POS. My late father in law had a Peugeot diesel. Same story. I know this is all anecdotal, but I've seen/heard-of/experienced far too many cases for this to be "normal". I for one am not going anywhere near a PSA oil burner again.
It's their latest e motors that are interesting. Remember Ford outsells all others with the transit to all trades and they are not the cheap rubbish of old.

I don’t think it’s just PSA.
Euro 6 Diesel engines are rubbish. The emission devices have killed the longterm reliability of these units.
That’s why I’m now happy to embrace an electric motor.

It's their latest e motors that are interesting. Remember Ford outsells all others with the transit to all trades and they are not the cheap rubbish of old.
That may be true in the UK, but certainly not everywhere.

I hope they got better. I know nothing about their modern engines, just that I'm not touching PSA engines with a barge pole. For what it's worth, my Ford C-Max also felt cheaply built, with inside panels that just clipped together, and all plasticky and ratly. I replaced it with a Toyota, which was a dream until some idiot rear ended me and rendered it useless. Still, insurance payout gave me the incentive to finally get the Cali.

Looking forward to an electric California, although I hope I'm set until the end of the decade now with my T6 :embarrased

I think the mantra these days is "stop burning stuff"...
you've got to burn stuff in the diggers to get the battery ingredients out of the ground.

Back