Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ID Buzz

Sliding rack underneath, mattress topper and some stick on window blinds and that’s day van material….:cool:

It’s amazing what you can build with Lego these days…

For the first time last week I actually sat up and took notice of EV’s.
What caught my eye was a video documenting a road trip in a Hyundai Ionic5.

To begin with I loved the styling. Off I went to the local dealership to kick some e-tyres.
Salesman barely knew his arse from his elbow so I came away non the wiser.

More digging around and I learned heating in EV’s is tricky. In winter, my car’s heating is set to “surface of the sun”.

Chatting with a neighbour about his ID3 left me less than impressed. It seems cold weather really hurts charging and range. 70-80 on the motorway really kills the range. VW on their website list a whole range of cold weather disclaimers and quote 23 deg as an optimum useable temperature. How many days a year do we get like that in the UK?

So all in all my first encounters with EV world just left me uninspired.
Perfect for short journeys etc.

In my opinion, the industry just isn’t there yet.
As for a camper with all of its various power requirements…….I don’t think I’ll be going E anytime soon.

I’ve got that saved to watch.

As for the heating issue. It’s probably why Kia have an optional heat pump system in their EVs and by all accounts, others are working on the same.

I've had a Skoda Enyak EV covered 11000 miles since purchase, its a fantastic family car however the poor charging infrastructure is so frustrating.
I charge mostly at home, long journeys are full of frustration especially in more rural areas, last charge m6 toll took over an hour, lack of working chargers and an ever increasing number of EVs compound's the issue with longer waiting times on busy days.
Range in the summer months is ok, but drop by 20% in colder weather.
To preserve battery life the default battery charge is to 80%, in colder (not necessarily winter) weather that equates to 160 miles on a charge against the official 255 m.
Vehicle was ordered with the optional heat pump.
Interior heating in winter has the advantage of instant heat, no need for the engine to warm up however it eats battery life, for that reason always order EVs with front and rear heated seats which are powered through the auxiliary battery.

I've had a Skoda Enyak EV covered 11000 miles since purchase, its a fantastic family car however the poor charging infrastructure is so frustrating.
I charge mostly at home, long journeys are full of frustration especially in more rural areas, last charge m6 toll took over an hour, lack of working chargers and an ever increasing number of EVs compound's the issue with longer waiting times on busy days.

This is where Tesla win with their own charging network; other manufacturers need to follow suit.

*Just* this minute seen an ID Buzz (white, yellow) in Copenhagen - passed me too quickly for a photo, but beside the metro station at Christianshavn. But had also seen a PR arrival team at the airport, so they’re doing previews here I guess?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another ID Buzz review, this one from Hagerty, focusing on it as an MPV rather than a camper:

Fair review.
I’m still excited about this van. I think it will suit us perfectly (family of 3) as our daily driver.
Anyone who loves vans, will love this. Volkswagen have got the styling on point with the ID Buzz and the Caravelle T6 may look a little old hat, once this appears on UK streets…

Or it could go the way of the Beetle reincarnation. Cute at the time of release but has not aged gracefully. Time will be the judge.

Loved and owned the original, never understood the re-imagined car.
Personally thought it looked odd, built on the wrong chassis and was a half arsed effort by Volkswagen rushed out to compete with the re-imagined Mini. Of which was head and shoulders more believable and better interpretation than the Beetle.
The ID Buzz actually seems to be very well considered, perhaps Volkswagen have learnt from previous mistakes.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Beetle EV before to long, if the Buzz does well…

Can't wait for mine to arrive, do I keep it or sell for a profit , wish I order more than one now

Can't wait for mine to arrive, do I keep it or sell for a profit , wish I order more than one now
What an odd thought?
What is the reason you ordered it?

. VW on their website list a whole range of cold weather disclaimers and quote 23 deg as an optimum useable temperature. How many days a year do we get like that in the UK?
Maybe they anticipate on the earth rising temperature, even in the UK ;-)

Can’t wait to see the live feed of this Police chase. Where the bad guy drives a steady 50mph and outlasts the battery on the police car, in his bid for escape…;)

4C1032B3-544F-4D86-BCD1-E026045C6077.jpeg

Can’t wait to see the live feed of this Police chase. Where the bad guy drives a steady 50mph and outlasts the battery on the police car, in his bid for escape…;)

View attachment 98962
Once all the police electrical equipment is installed + weight of operational equipment, they wont have much range left; Looks nice though - exepect they will make a Lego model as well.

Once all the police electrical equipment is installed + weight of operational equipment, they wont have much range left; Looks nice though - exepect they will make a Lego model as well.
Ohh no, not another one to buy. I still haven’t got round to building my T2 yet…:)

Back