Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ID Buzz

There’s not a lot out there I like that meets my needs and willing budget!
Way it’s going it will be the jimny and a tent :headbang

I really need the £££ to renovate our house. But, our 5 year old is now 8 and it’s the time shared in the van that gives us our best memories…
I keep looking in the shed for an old John Harrison watch, but it never seems to appear.
This time next year, Rodney….

Well I took one out for a test drive this morning. Sad and dissappointed. Way too much road noise and a little "nodding dog" on the front suspension. The suspension you could resolve but the road noise.....its a no from me. Oddly didn't become louder the faster you drove. How do you live with it?

Well I took one out for a test drive this morning. Sad and dissappointed. Way too much road noise and a little "nodding dog" on the front suspension. The suspension you could resolve but the road noise.....its a no from me. Oddly didn't become louder the faster you drove. How do you live with it?
First time I've heard the road noise was a dealbreaker. Plenty of other reasons to say nah, not for me. Did it have the bigger wheels and low profile rubber?

It was a Style....so the bigger wheels. Dealer did agree with both as he usually has an ID4 and noted the noise when he took it home last night compared to the ID4. It was on Conti tyres and only had 4200miles on it. It did have the raised floor so I dont know it that would act like a speaker.

Noise is a deal breaker for me. For my company we test drove a Skoda SUV...way too much noise, and T-ROC, which was the same. Ended up with a XC40.

The Wife also commented on the noise which is ironic as she is mute to rattles / banging and mechanical sounds as a whole.

5mins in on the media clip. This noise was present at 30mph upwards

Last edited:
It was a Style....so the bigger wheels. Dealer did agree with both as he usually has an ID4 and noted the noise when he took it home last night compared to the ID4. It was on Conti tyres and only had 4200miles on it. It did have the raised floor so I dont know it that would act like a speaker.

Noise is a deal breaker for me. For my company we test drove a Skoda SUV...way too much noise, and T-ROC, which was the same. Ended out with a XC40.

The Wife also commented on the noise which is ironic as she is mute to rattles / banging and mechanical sounds as a whole.

5mins in on the media clip. This noise was present at 30mph upwards
Road noise can be super tiring on long journeys. Wonder if carpets could deaden the frequency.

I’m surprised.
When we took one out, I thought it was really plush. Saying that, it was brand new, when they first hit the market. I wonder if the tyres have worn fast creating the noise…?

Shame, i parked opposite one today. Had a look and still like them. But not sure if I like them enough over a 335d xDrive touring…

I thought it odd but then again the T-Roc was noisy. Drove my Volvo back along the same road and all fine, took the Cali out this afternoon and again all fine. The BMW is just bliss so you can't compare. Did Google the Conti 6 tyres and they are suppose to be quiet. Checked the windows to make sure they were closed. No change. Most reviews say it's quiet, whilst some note some road noise as an against item......it may be pot luck in the build quality

More powerful LWB variant on the way…
Personally, I don’t think the Buzz needs this. What it really needs, is better interior upgrades.
Opening rear windows, optional window blinds like the California, and most importantly a rear seat on rails.
This could transform the Buzz, otherwise it’s just a big and expensive ID 3…???

Lol...... on reflection I thought it needed more power. I could live with it but it would be disappointing. Its a big lump and the 200hp doesn't work well in the heavier Buzz lump

I’ve not really noticed too much road noise. It was louder on 21”, but since I’ve switched to 20” with Conti tyres it’s a bit quieter, the ride is better and range longer. Maybe you just got a duff one

It’s quieter than my Cali that’s for sure, which feels more like a builders van now

I’ve not really noticed too much road noise. It was louder on 21”, but since I’ve switched to 20” with Conti tyres it’s a bit quieter, the ride is better and range longer. Maybe you just got a duff one

It’s quieter than my Cali that’s for sure, which feels more like a builders van now
That's the irony and maybe I had a duff one as speed didn't really increase noise. On the same day I drove all our other cars, including the Cali, over the same / similar routes....only noise I had which was comparable was the concrete ribbed road noise on the M27 in our X545e (on electric so comparable) but those tyres are 16500miles old and 305 wide , and once off the concrete, it was back to quiet.

The Buzz just hit the noise at 30mph and stayed there

Price is important. The ID range is now being run under the Agency model so no discounts being offered (on paper) and therefore cheap lease deals every quarter to hit targets......... can / kicking / down the road.

I might revisit the GTX but not at 70k today / 30k after 2yrs.

Back