I am from Republic of China (Taiwan) R.O.C

rickshih

rickshih

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
中文原文:

大家好~
我來自 Republic of China (Taiwan) R.O.C

簡要介紹一下:在過去10年中我們都是使用帳棚露營,最近購買了帶有5個座位的新型 Beach Camper 4motion 150bhp DSG!
這對我們一家來說到目前為止,我們非常滿意!!(我們全家三個人)
上星期週末我們才在山裡露營,Coleman NORTHSTAR 氣化燈和小營火的感覺讓我們覺得非常舒服,(在此貼上相片與你們大家分享!!)

由於英文並不是我的母語,所以我只能用 Google 翻譯把我想說的話翻成你們看得懂的文字!
如果語詞有地方些許錯誤,對此我深感抱歉,但我真的很開心,想要跟一樣是開 California Camper 的朋友們分享用車的心得與相片!

真的很高興加入此 Califamily,期待能學習到更多的專業提示和技巧! 願你們大家都有個愉快的每一天!!)

============================================================================================================

Google translate:

Hello everyone~

A brief introduction: We have used tent camping for the past 10 years, and recently purchased a new 5-seater Beach Camper 4motion 150bhp DSG!
This is so far for our family, we are very satisfied!! (three of our family)
We were camping in the mountains last weekend. The feeling of Coleman NORTHSTAR lantern and small campfires made us feel very comfortable. (Post a photo here to share with you all!!)

Since English is not my native language, I can only use Google Translate to translate what I want to say into text that you can understand!
If there are some errors in the vocabulary, I am very sorry for that, but I am really happy and want to share my car experience and photos with friends who drive California Camper!

I am really happy to join this Califamily and look forward to learning more professional tips and tricks! May you all have a happy day!!

445265.jpg

445264.gif

中文原文:

大家好~
我來自 Republic of China (Taiwan) R.O.C

簡要介紹一下:在過去10年中我們都是使用帳棚露營,最近購買了帶有5個座位的新型 Beach Camper 4motion 150bhp DSG!
這對我們一家來說到目前為止,我們非常滿意!!(我們全家三個人)
上星期週末我們才在山裡露營,Coleman NORTHSTAR 氣化燈和小營火的感覺讓我們覺得非常舒服,(在此貼上相片與你們大家分享!!)

由於英文並不是我的母語,所以我只能用 Google 翻譯把我想說的話翻成你們看得懂的文字!
如果語詞有地方些許錯誤,對此我深感抱歉,但我真的很開心,想要跟一樣是開 California Camper 的朋友們分享用車的心得與相片!

真的很高興加入此 Califamily,期待能學習到更多的專業提示和技巧! 願你們大家都有個愉快的每一天!!)

============================================================================================================

Google translate:

Hello everyone~

A brief introduction: We have used tent camping for the past 10 years, and recently purchased a new 5-seater Beach Camper 4motion 150bhp DSG!
This is so far for our family, we are very satisfied!! (three of our family)
We were camping in the mountains last weekend. The feeling of Coleman NORTHSTAR lantern and small campfires made us feel very comfortable. (Post a photo here to share with you all!!)

Since English is not my native language, I can only use Google Translate to translate what I want to say into text that you can understand!
If there are some errors in the vocabulary, I am very sorry for that, but I am really happy and want to share my car experience and photos with friends who drive California Camper!

I am really happy to join this Califamily and look forward to learning more professional tips and tricks! May you all have a happy day!!

View attachment 77020

View attachment 77021
Hi Rick, looks great! How popular are Campervan‘s in Taiwan and how easy are they to purchase?

Hi Rick, looks great! How popular are Campervan‘s in Taiwan and how easy are they to purchase?
Hi jMacdent:
It takes about 7~8 months to order a car now.
Most people still use tents as their main tool
Campervan has only been discussing in the past two years
Perhaps because of the epidemic, we cannot travel abroad, so the number of campers in R.O.C.(Taiwan) has increased, and the number of people choosing Campervan has gradually increased! Hope it helps you understand the situation in R.O.C. (Taiwan).

Nice van and great looking camp.
I visited Taiwan once, many years ago. I remember Taiwan for the friendly people and great food.

Nice van and great looking camp.
I visited Taiwan once, many years ago. I remember Taiwan for the friendly people and great food.
Thank you for your compliment to R.O.C. (Taiwan), and I am very happy that we can leave you with good impressions and memories! Welcome to visit R.O.C. (Taiwan) again!

Hi jMacdent:
It takes about 7~8 months to order a car now.
Most people still use tents as their main tool
Campervan has only been discussing in the past two years
Perhaps because of the epidemic, we cannot travel abroad, so the number of campers in R.O.C.(Taiwan) has increased, and the number of people choosing Campervan has gradually increased! Hope it helps you understand the situation in R.O.C. (Taiwan).
7-8 months? Same for many of us in the UK. Also same surge of orders because on the pandemic! Enjoy!

Welcome here @rickshih ! Looks like you have a really nice beach! The fire pit / bbq looks really cool as well. Is t foldable? What brand is it?

:welcome Welcome, that looks a pretty professional set up!

I was also perplexed by that reference until Google gave me more information - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan

I don’t think that Taiwan has declared independence from China.

China regards Taiwan as some sort of renegade state. If I recall correctly, official maps of Hainan Province must include Taiwan, Hainan, the Spratly Islands and the Parcel Islands.

Great looking van and campfire! I also visited Taiwan a few times in the late 90s and did some work for TransAsia Airways (now no longer operating). Loved the times I spent in Taipei - many good memories. I would have loved to go camping up in the mountains.

So welcome to the forum!

Welcome! Your post made me remember Chili's videos on Youtube, a fellow California owner from Taipei. He has made some very creative and informative videos! It was also through him that I discovered unrv. They have some very nice products which I think would do well in Europe if distributed here.

Welcome! Your post made me remember Chili's videos on Youtube, a fellow California owner from Taipei. He has made some very creative and informative videos! It was also through him that I discovered unrv. They have some very nice products which I think would do well in Europe if distributed here.
Me too! We have been really enjoying Chilli's videos - the one of the big VW meet up/rally is incredible! So many families together having an awesome time in their vans. We would love to visit Taiwan again and do a campervan tour, we only had a week in and around Taipei, but it was an amazing place with so much to see and do that we said we'll definitely plan a longer trip when we can travel again

(link to chilli's video of the rally - you can put English subtitles on, well worth a watch!
)

Welcome rickshih ! your van and set up look great! Thanks for sharing - and please keep posting on your adventures - it would be great to know more about the VW scene in Taiwan, and see some of the places you visit. Such a beautiful country - we spent a week in and around Taipei, would love to go back.

Welcome rickshih ! your van and set up look great! Thanks for sharing - and please keep posting on your adventures - it would be great to know more about the VW scene in Taiwan, and see some of the places you visit. Such a beautiful country - we spent a week in and around Taipei, would love to go back.
:welcome

I've been to taiwan
Hi soppelsa:
At present we are still maintaining the status quo, and it is still peaceful for the time being! Thank you for your concern!
I have been to Taiwan a number of times, mainly Taipei. Love it there. Rode the high speed train, and took another up into the mountains.

What a gratuitously offensive comment to a new forum user.
Hi Velma's Dad

Mainland China and the Republic of China, this historical entanglement is not easy for foreigners to understand
But at Califamily, I hope we can put these political discourses on the table behind us, let us make friends with Cali Van, so that we can understand the camper culture of different countries, this is what I really want to come to this community to communicate with. Meaning
So I will not feel unhappy about the question of that friend
But thank you so much for speaking out for me.

7-8 months? Same for many of us in the UK. Also same surge of orders because on the pandemic! Enjoy!
Our car salesman informed us
The German headquarters of the custom-made vehicles that were originally ordered are temporarily unable to inform the delivery time, so do we need to collect the vehicles that have been imported to Taiwan first, if we don’t mind
So we changed from Coast to Beach
Based on the actual results, we found that Beach is more suitable for our family of three
Because some places in Taiwan are windy and not suitable for raising the ceiling, it is really enough for a family to sleep on the first floor, and the T6.1 has a foldable stove, which really saves us a lot of money... .Ha ha