Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

hunting the rattle

alstevens

alstevens

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
You all probably know what its like - the new Cali ( Herman , last november...) arrives and exploration begins. That brilliant driving position, the effortless cruising past lumbering motorhomes, the five minute camping set up, and one tiny elusive rattle. You don't notice it much at first but it gradually intrudes into every journey. Passengers go in search of it while the driver stoically forges on. Everything is opened and closed, the roof tweaked, cutlery wrapped in tea towels.....

Yesterday I found it! It was the simplest thing naturally - I had left the reading light stalk in contact with the plastic interior of the roof lining...... moving said stalk on top of the mattress as most sensible people would have done anyway and instant cab silence .....

Anyone else have that one ?

al

Yes. But I have an annoying squek from behind the driving seat Silicone spray has been used copiously to no effect so far. It is diminished sometimes by opening/closing side door. Have got a 5000 mile drive to Nordkapp in 6 weeks. I WILL GET IT> waiting for my son to visit shortly, he is OCD with car rattles/squeaks so hopefully???????:headbang :headbang :headbang

Back