Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hubbys Handmade side/snack drink bar for the beach

My husband and I have made a side table for our 2016 beach.
It saved us getting the big table out, and is handy for making a brew, putting your drink on or a lap top on to watch dvds.
It's made from aluminium with rounded corners and 2 cup holders for our ecoffee cups.
It fits perfectly in the table slot holder and does not slide about.
Easy to store in the back pocket of the front seats.
Not ideal for sitting on but it's fairly robust and my drink doesn't slide around on it very much.
Ideal for the kids to play a small board game in to.
I'm really pleased with the outcome.
I also make the VW cushion covers if you go to handmade in Haworth on face book.
What do you guys think to it?

View attachment 17896

View attachment 17897

View attachment 17898

View attachment 17899
I love this solution without the addition of the leg. Is it a 6mm thick aluminium sheet or a thinner sheet formed to make a 6mm thick table? I've got a metal worker not far from hom who i might got to for this.

I love this solution without the addition of the leg. Is it a 6mm thick aluminium sheet or a thinner sheet formed to make a 6mm thick table? I've got a metal worker not far from hom who i might got to for this.
Without support underneath this kind of solution can put pressure on the table rail and potentially damage it if you accidentally put pressure or lean on the table.

Thanks everyone for all the info and photos on here, finally got round to making a brew/snack table for our 3 seat Beach.
- Table top 400 x 400mm in beige linen with light grey trim from Clearcut Conversions
- Reimo adjustable/folding table leg from eBay
- Already had the VW brackets as we had to replace one on our main table a couple of years ago and the dealer ordered 2 pairs.
- Brackets fixed to the table top with washers and screws.

F4AAC28C-9193-402E-AC49-866E340D28F6.jpeg

Thanks everyone for all the info and photos on here, finally got round to making a brew/snack table for our 3 seat Beach.
- Table top 400 x 400mm in beige linen with light grey trim from Clearcut Conversions
- Already had the VW brackets as we had to replace one on our main table a couple of years ago and the dealer ordered 2 pairs.

View attachment 94072
Check out #149. I managed to drill holes in the edge of the tabletop. If you cut the ends off the brackets off you can push fit or glue them in.

Last edited:

View attachment 94072
Excellent job you will not be disappointed with this addition to your beach. We still think this is the most useful thing we have added and couldn’t be without it.
That looks great.
that is excellent very neat good job

Check out #149. I managed to drill holes in the edge of the tabletop. If you cut the ends off the brackets off you can push fit or glue them in.
I wondered if you’d done that or had Clearcut do it. I’d drill out through the table if I tried that!

Last edited:
Back