Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hubbys Handmade side/snack drink bar for the beach

BeachyBird

BeachyBird

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi. This is amazing. I think this is a daft question but where do you get all the component parts from - table top, telescopic leg etc. I think hubby needs another project
Hi ...this is possible the most useful thing we have added to our Cali. Tea in bed (we sleep downstairs)
Not a daft question ...the table top we had made by a cabinet maker he makes kitchens for campers etc I think some others have made them themselves from wood the brackets are from VW the same as is on the bigger door table the part No is also on this thread somewhere if you can’t find it let me know, and the telescopic leg you can get from eBay. Hope this helps.

Melanie Day

Melanie Day

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 102
Hi ...this is possible the most useful thing we have added to our Cali. Tea in bed (we sleep downstairs)
Not a daft question ...the table top we had made by a cabinet maker he makes kitchens for campers etc I think some others have made them themselves from wood the brackets are from VW the same as is on the bigger door table the part No is also on this thread somewhere if you can’t find it let me know, and the telescopic leg you can get from eBay. Hope this helps.
If you scroll through you will see the list of parts and where to buy from.

The bracket was from VW genuine part for sure. Then the table top and telescopic leg from another vendor.

Not helpful I know but if you go to top of the thread you should see.

Taken from the thread....
This is the code for the fitting that clips into rail on underside of beach table V7E7 898 209 cost approx £8 per pair. When you order make sure you tell them ONE PAIR cuz some of the parts depts think they should order 2 then they get 2 PAIRS

The telescopic leg used is a Reimo from camper conversion companies.
Table top is 400mm by 450mm.

Hope this helps there are great instructions on the thread which we used - look for posts from Beachybird as these are the ones we used.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

C

Chainline

VIP Member
I have been thinking about something similar - Maxxcamp have made something close to it, but it is designed for their rail profile which is different to the Beach rail profile. I have purchased one from Maxxcamp, and in the process of getting a local metal basher to make one that will fit the Beach, and mount the gas stove.

The idea would be for it to be reversible - allowing you to clip it on in either the horizontal mode for operation and vertical mode for storage.

Having seen this thread, if the unit was slightly wider might be a bit more useful - cups etc. Would there be enough demand to produce a limited run ??

View attachment 29026
@CALI FATE I know it's been a while but did you do a small run or finish your version with atemplate and person that made it for you for the Beach rail? Agree on slightly wider with perhaps a cup holder (which could always have a plug or lid) This seems a good idea as the storage when not in use is the bug bear of a larger table.

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
@CALI FATE I know it's been a while but did you do a small run or finish your version with atemplate and person that made it for you for the Beach rail? Agree on slightly wider with perhaps a cup holder (which could always have a plug or lid) This seems a good idea as the storage when not in use is the bug bear of a larger table.
Hi - i am using a piece of perspex 6mm thickness - we store the stove in one of the seat drawers and it works well. There is a slight slope so poss 6.5mm would be better, but the piece i got was free and they dont do 6.5 perspex. the perspex is easy to store - we slot it under the carpet.

E

Ed&El

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Well I did it! Last night I made my side table. Thank you for all the advice and photos it helped me immensely. We even got to use it today for a van picnic. We already prefer it to the larger table and we look forward to using it when we are in camping mode. Thanks again everybody!

El

E52E5E9B-44FB-44ED-9F52-579245423C49.jpeg

99E6139F-4140-4105-B380-6FA6798823B5.jpeg

4395B6AF-E82D-41C6-84B0-B26C92FE8F51.jpeg

A262A96B-D43C-4AF1-8DAE-7BD4EED173DB.jpeg

5D6A2CA1-5D72-4F0B-BB8A-21B1B9115DEC.jpeg

00E7671C-CBB0-40FD-B7D4-A383F02C392A.jpeg

BeachyBird

BeachyBird

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Well I did it! Last night I made my side table. Thank you for all the advice and photos it helped me immensely. We even got to use it today for a van picnic. We already prefer it to the larger table and we look forward to using it when we are in camping mode. Thanks again everybody!

El

View attachment 68327

View attachment 68328

View attachment 68329

View attachment 68330

View attachment 68331

View attachment 68332
A brilliant job looks like it came with the van or should have well done

Kayleigh

Kayleigh

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all,
Just thought I would our effort at making a side table for the Beach.

We had a table top custom made by Clearcut Conversions, who also supplied the Reimo leg. The table is 40x50cm.

We took a different approach to others in search of that ‘factory’ look.

839D6EC7-0F82-4FDD-AD00-8116EE374C13.jpeg

C56B1D16-FF25-468D-88B2-FF7DDDAB0F54.jpeg

57551E40-3346-46AC-B183-12F03AFC00F7.jpeg

BeachyBird

BeachyBird

Vehicle
T5 Beach

VW California Club