estresao

estresao

Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Hi,

Just received my brand new Engel MT-45 FS and learned the following:

- Is look like it's veeeery solid.
- It's big.... I think it won't fit under the multiflex board

My idea is to fasten it behind the driver's seat (my Cali is LHD). How do you fasten it? to the floor?

There is the Engel TSL17 Transit Slide-Lok. Google it. There must be a way to fix that to the floor with VW T-bolts.
engel-transit-slide-lok-for-mt35-refrigerator-freezer-tsl530-540-with-box-500.jpg

Just curious: why Engel and not Waeco?

Thanks Romke.

I've choose Engel because the quality. After read a lot looks like Engel engine is prety good, even if you tilt the fridge.

It looks like this in the van with my Waeco CFX-35 attached.

It is secured at the back to the vehicle Rails, so no dodgy screw holes etc.!

IMG_2564.2014-02-15_115213.JPG

My Engel doesn't fit under the multiflex, so my only option is bring it in between the storage boxand my LDH driver seat. Do this thing you use have something to be fixed using the seat rails?

My Engel doesn't fit under the multiflex, so my only option is bring it in between the storage boxand my LDH driver seat. Do this thing you use have something to be fixed using the seat rails?
Yes, I have bolted it to the rails and then the top part is on rollers, and so the fridge pulls out by about 18 inchs

I think shaw your one last year in the COFT (I was the grey VW Passat guy) and I like this system, but unfortunatelly my fridge is too big. Is an Engel MT-45FS. I think in my case I could use the transit slide-lok, but I would like to check before whether it can be fixed to the seat rails, in between the seat and the storage box.

By the way, my multiflex is not foldable, is your foldable becase is a 3 seat bench one? (mine one is a 2 seats bench + storage box)

I think shaw your one last year in the COFT (I was the grey VW Passat guy) and I like this system, but unfortunatelly my fridge is too big. Is an Engel MT-45FS. I think in my case I could use the transit slide-lok, but I would like to check before whether it can be fixed to the seat rails, in between the seat and the storage box.

By the way, my multiflex is not foldable, is your foldable becase is a 3 seat bench one? (mine one is a 2 seats bench + storage box)
Hi There!!

Yes - The three seater multiflex is higher than the 2-seater version, this is good and bad :)

What I like is that it's foldable. Mine one is rigid.

Two seater beach flexiboard is lower and doesn't hinge. My waeco CF40 won't fit under,but fits on storage box or on floor between box and passenger seat (strapped down).

You could buy the floor fixings and make your own base.

Andy

Last edited:
Hi Andy, how you strap the fridge when on top of the storage box? I can imagine straping both tge fridge and the storage together

Hi Andy, how you strap the fridge when on top of the storage box? I can imagine straping both tge fridge and the storage together
I only put it on the storage box when stationary, but have bought the Waeco fixing kit so will fix it permanently in that position once Pod is finished - makes a nice arm rest for the passenger. I strapped it to the back of the passenger seat using a strap with a clam cleat as its a big heavy item to have flying around in the event of stopping quickly or a shunt.

Andy

Back