Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How we dressed up Betsy

Goldie

Goldie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Some really good ideas there. Just finishing my kitchen pod prototype (MDF) but already thinking about creating double hinging multi-flex board and the roof parcel shelf.

Can you store the shelf in the roof area under the mattress?

Andy

Goldie

Goldie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I daren't. The shelf is only 10mm but I'm afraid to damage the roof. Or am I being paranoid?

Probably paranoid as I stored the safety net up there until I realised that carrying it around was a waste of time as I would never use it.

If you put it under the mattress in the middle longways I would have thought it okay. No sharp edges and 10mm is minimal. The mattress should compress rather than the roof and I can't believe tolerances are that tight. There again the roof is the 'Achilles Heel' of the Cali, yet mine is approaching three years old and I haven't had the the problem yet (touching wood!).

Andy

H

Hotel California

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Also think that shelf can easyly be stored under or on the matras if it's olnly 10mm plywood.
I got a thin sleeping bag and sometimes leave it on the matrras , locating it in the midlle realy flat...
Just try out , close the roof and check if the ouside edge of the elevating roof is on it's normal place and does not have any opening between the roof and the van , then it should be ok , matras is a bit compresseble...
If you don't feel comforteble with it , just don't do it , prob will worry you to much!

W

Waldo

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
amazing! my 2 cents: I store the hookup cable next to the main battery, there's enough space for a 15 m cable, adapters and window cleaning product. And that's where I have to connect it to the Maxxcamp cable anyway.

zeratul

zeratul

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Great ideas, thanks for sharing. Just wondering: with the trunk filled with kitchen and cooking equipment, where and how do you store clothes, shoes, awning, etc?

H

Hotel California

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
amazing! my 2 cents: I store the hookup cable next to the main battery, there's enough space for a 15 m cable, adapters and window cleaning product. And that's where I have to connect it to the Maxxcamp cable anyway.

Do you mean store the cable in the under the hood , next to engine battery ?
Never thought up that ... Gonne check it out, some space saving in the booth!

Nice ...

zeratul

zeratul

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Read the post again and you have the answers.
Well I had and did again, I was looking for explanation as I don't see the space to store all that. On top of the bench that also stores the matrass? I don't get it.
But I guess the big difference is we're 5 and the required amount of shoes/clothes different.

Romke

Making the Most of our Coast
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Coast 150 4Motion
Just wondering: with the trunk filled with kitchen and cooking equipment, where and how do you store clothes, shoes, awning, etc?
Clothes in holdalls on top of the mattresses, shoes on top of the wheel arches, awning sides behind the 3-seat bench.

VW California Club