Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

how to remove head unit from a California T5.1 comfortline

Yeah. That’s the one. Ffs...
Did you ever manage to install a new unit? As I am in the same situation as you were. I am ordering the keys to initially remove the unit to check physically what I have installed

I did remove it, but never replaced it, as i couldn't find a head unit that would fit in the square shaped hole.
As i remember the keys were crucial for the removal, but it was still quite a hassle.

Please let me know if you manage to find a head unit that will fit a comfort line. This was a few years ago, and i haven't checked up on for a couple of years. But there weren't, to my knowledge, really any real replacements.

I did remove it, but never replaced it, as i couldn't find a head unit that would fit in the square shaped hole.
As i remember the keys were crucial for the removal, but it was still quite a hassle.

Please let me know if you manage to find a head unit that will fit a comfort line. This was a few years ago, and i haven't checked up on for a couple of years. But there weren't, to my knowledge, really any real replacements.
I certainly will NB, but at the moment, the hassle of removing all the dash to facilitate the extra wiring, seems too much trouble, I wiil purchase the keys and attempt to extract the head unit,
Watch this space.

Hi everyone, I think I should feel lucky to find this topic before tearing down the cockpit :)
I bought a T5 Comfortline (2015) with square cornered RNS510 from Germany. I was planning to add RCD330, which is the near perfect solution with Carplay and cheaper rearview camera options in my opinion but so far I could't find a solution and apparently this is a dead end.
Any other ideas?

Back