Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to get 1200 Watts converter ?

Typically the thermoblock is driven by a triac, so what you have essentially is a heater attached to a leading edge dimmer.

This can load your inverter heavily for part of each cycle and therefore overload your inverter even though you are drawing less than its rated power on average.
A quality pure sine inverter has all the safe guards built in. Poor quality ones and modified ones are known to damage certain equipment or them selves. Worst case going on fire which I have seen several times due to not getting the right one to suit application.

Found this document on the internet. Modifying the Nespresso to 400Watt. More time to heat the water. Same coffee in the end.

Attachments

• Campingmodificatie nespresso V2 lores.pdf
    419 KB · Views: 21
Found this document on the internet. Modifying the Nespresso to 400Watt. More time to heat the water. Same coffee in the end.
It's a very primitive modification that runs the machine on half of the sine wave. The inverter will probably see it as a 1000W load for half of the cycle.

In other words all of your power will be supplied by half of the FETs in your inverter and the magnetics will probably be saturated.

I wouldn't recommend trying this approach with a low power inverter.

Either an Ecoflow, Anker or Jackary power station. I would not try to drag that out of my leisure batteries!

Either an Ecoflow, Anker or Jackary power station. I would not try to drag that out of my leisure batteries!
F.A.Q. :
May I connect the Watt controller to an inverter:
Yes, but only on a minimum of 1200 watt inverter with a pure sine wave (note no block sinus). Then in position 4 and 6 pads in a coffee maker with 1450 watts connected​