Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How do experienced owners do it?

"Pewl": what an excellent word, will use that one.

If ours pewls then she's quite likely to be 'invited' upstairs for the rest of the night. Strangely enough it seems to have become quite a regular thing now... :confused:
I would have done the same but thought in the dark he could have fallen out of the roof and onto the seats. Don't have a net.

I would have done the same but thought in the dark he could have fallen out of the roof and onto the seats. Don't have a net.

Ours burrows under the duvet until she finds skin contact then pretends she is Cocker Spaniel x Limpet. So little risk of her falling off the bed. :embarrased

In dry(ish) weather shoes tend to go under the van, and in wet weather they sit on the step inside the van. That said, we usually have the drive-away awning set up for anything more than a single night, so there's loads of room to store shoes in the dry between the van and the main section of the awning. I can definitely see the merit of a plastic box though....

Definitely kidding....never travel without a full week's supply of wine, even if that requires a trailer! Just imagine..... camping.....without....wine..... :eek:
Camping without wine - how very dare you!

I always chuck boots and outdoor shoes underneath the van by the step. They rarely get too damp to wear. The pullout awning helps. If you throw them under a bit too far, you can use the awning winder as a hook to fish them out. Soft shoes and slippers are different, of course!

Having only used Brian once we are unsure how to live in different conditions. To save us going through the learning curve can anyone unravel my thoughts?

Rainy weather
I imagine returning to the van with dirty shoes covered in grass and trying to remove and store them tidily before entering the van. For this reason i considered an area for doing this. Outside? Inside? Then where do these shoes go; in the van? In a plastic box outside? Also do you have a mat to step onto in the van that is stored in dry weather?

Dry weather
No problem but should i take enough wine for the whole week or just buy local; only kidding.
When it’s tipping down I always use tailgate as a shelter, dry the dog then put him in van (have another towel to wrap him in. Then back under tailgate and get out of waterproofs, the rest will be different as I don’t have cali any more. Wet stuff gets hung in shower in van to dry quick or the coat hooks in boot.
Tailgate is great as shelter!

Back