Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How about using the water tank in winter

21E9A08E-A15F-43C1-A8C6-6EA190334C93.jpeg
For now its under the shower wiring.
Signal attenuated by cabinets so only 5/30metre claimed range working.
Early tests show the door and rhe bottom shelf need to be removed to allow air to the tank. Even then any warning is slow.

View attachment 103283
Early tests show the door and rhe bottom shelf need to be removed to allow air to the tank. Even then any warning is slow.
lots of stuff on the bottom shelf so maybe just in very cold conditions, shutter section of the door partly open as it is in my van usually should suffice.

View attachment 103283
I use to always shove towel old T-shirt in with gas bottle stops. Helps the gas and can imagine will give some insulation to water too

lots of stuff on the bottom shelf so maybe just in very cold conditions, shutter section of the door partly open as it is in my van usually should suffice.
Aye did think that, we often have helmets in there so easy to whip out for the gas.
Guess at least the temp sensor will give a alert if the waters close to freezing.

*Thread Resurrection*
I've installed Bluetooth Temp and Humidity sensors on the fresh and the waste water tanks.
About a month ago, I was in the Alps and it started snowing. Diesel Heater was always on, on setting 2-3 during the day, 1-2 at night.
With temps around 0°, heater always on and right cupboard door open, waste water tank was at 1-2°C, despite room temperature of about 18-20° C. Fresh water always 1-1.5°C above the temp of the grey water temp. It works but I'd rather have a bit more margin of safety.
Today it's freezing cold here in Germany so I've run a test adding a small usb fan blowing at the lowest setting towards the grey water tank.
Result : with -9° C outside temp , heather on 5, I raised the temp of the grey water tank to 4.3° C and fresh water 6.1°C within 2 hours. I am very confident the temp of the tanks would have risen further if i had let it run even longer.
A side conclusion is if the water tank is at 6°, than the Gas cylinder cannot be colder than that., i.e. the stove works, the Butan can be fired.
In conclusion I'm very happy. A California is really a surprisingly capable 4 season camper.

*Thread Resurrection*
I've installed Bluetooth Temp and Humidity sensors on the fresh and the waste water tanks.
About a month ago, I was in the Alps and it started snowing. Diesel Heater was always on, on setting 2-3 during the day, 1-2 at night.
With temps around 0°, heater always on and right cupboard door open, waste water tank was at 1-2°C, despite room temperature of about 18-20° C. Fresh water always 1-1.5°C above the temp of the grey water temp. It works but I'd rather have a bit more margin of safety.
Today it's freezing cold here in Germany so I've run a test adding a small usb fan blowing at the lowest setting towards the grey water tank.
Result : with -9° C outside temp , heather on 5, I raised the temp of the grey water tank to 4.3° C and fresh water 6.1°C within 2 hours. I am very confident the temp of the tanks would have risen further if i had let it run even longer.
A side conclusion is if the water tank is at 6°, than the Gas cylinder cannot be colder than that., i.e. the stove works, the Butan can be fired.
In conclusion I'm very happy. A California is really a surprisingly capable 4 season camper.
Good information, any photos of your usb fan setup?

Back