Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hook up question

C

CALROE1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Getting ready for first overnighter need to know if we need a low wattage electric kettle when on hook up or is house hold one ok also does small blue button inside hook up flap need pressing for entry or exit of cable thanks Sheila & Michael.

If on hook up you can use any electric kettle via the 240v socket. The blue button is just used when pulling the plug out.

Have a good time.

if you use an electric kettle you will miss out on the joys of using a collapsible one :eek:

They are mandatory. Should be legislated as being an essential

CALROE1 said:
Getting ready for first overnighter need to know if we need a low wattage electric kettle when on hook up or is house hold one ok also does small blue button inside hook up flap need pressing for entry or exit of cable thanks Sheila & Michael.

You do need a low wattage kettle, remember the trip in cupboard is 10amp which equates to a MAXIMUM load on the circuit of approx 2000 watts

John

We use a normal 3000 watt kettle and never had any problems on any site

PKM said:

Sorry if i did not make it clear i meant the trip in the rear cupboard of the cali !!

John :headbang

Retiredron said:
PKM said:
You obviously never camped in France or Italy !
Ron.

We camp in France alot but always choose the higher rating when offered as the wife lkes to use her hair straighners and stuff :?

The original post from Sheila & Michael said they were going for an overnighter which I assumed would be in the UK, this is why I said the kettle would be OK to use!

Retiredron said:
PKM said:
You obviously never camped in France or Italy !
Ron.

Never yet found a site in France that has 16a hook up (apart from very expensive up market sites), but having said that we only stay at cheap sites, usually €16 a night max and that includes 5a or 10a supply.

John :headbang

just use an ikea whistle kettle. we can use it anywhere then, on hook up, off hook up... i don't think I could handle another item to store or move around the worktop when travelling about...

As above I use the wacky kettle even when I do use hook up. Not worth carting an electric kettle in
My view :thumb

Back