Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Honda eu20i petrol generator - advice pls

G

gatvol

I have one of these 2kw things as an emergency backup at home as we freelance and need connectivity in the village. It gives enough to power cordless phones, laptop, wifi, broadband etc

The Cali covers us for everything else in a power outage.

It gets negligible use. Indeed in three years it has only been used twice for its intended purpose. And twice when I was using 240v power tools in buildings without electricity

I run it every 3 months or so, and always run it dry to try to avoid the stale fuel, and carb varnishing problems you get with modern fuels. But the shape of the fuel tank (base and neck) means that there is always some left in the bottom that you can't pour out. I have tried fuel fit. I also drain the carb after use

It was a real pain to start today. Squirting air intake cleaner into the air intake got it going though. I stripped the carb down and it was very clean (though this was after I had got it going, so I did things the wrong way round :headbang )

Given that a few on the forum might use these for camping, does anyone know how I keep this thing ready for action, recognising what little action it actually gets!

Thanks

I had the 1kw for about 5 years with similar use as yours. But I never drained the fuel and it always started more or less first time. I now wish I had not sold it. Paul.

Back