Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hiring this week, hope to order next

M

MicA

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hey
I’m a newbie to the site, and what a great site it is! Thanks!

We’re hiring an Ocean this weekend and all being well we’ll be ordering one shortly after.... Maybe even next weekend....
We’re so excited and hoping the hire goes as well as we think it should.
Any suggestions for the hire? It looks like it’s gonna rain and we wonder how waterproof the roof sides are?
In the meantime I’m banboozling my mind with decisions galore. The options list is endless.
We’d be happy to hear your recommendations.

Thanks!!
Mic

Welcome on board .

Welcome to Cali life. Suggestions? Just enjoy your weekend and try to put the bamboozling to the background. I guess a glass of wine will help that process! ;)

If you enjoy a wet autumn weekend in the North East - just imagine how much fun you will have when its sunny - there arnt many on this site who dont think a California is a good idea - some of us even think the Beach is the way to go - have fun

Hey
I’m a newbie to the site, and what a great site it is!
Welcome Mic,

very new here myself and you will find most of what you are looking for on here every time you think of something and if not the forum is very vibrant and answers come very quickly to your questions.
But as others have said, enjoy with out worry and ask questions after.
The only thing I can think of is 'Safelock' if you don't want the alarm going off in the night every time someone moves lock the Cali from the inside using the door buttons not the remote.
A single click on the remote sets it but the door buttons don't and I think it also dead locks everything so anyone left on the inside can't get out.

aaaah.....life with a cali....love it. enjoy the trip.

20170805_182128.jpg

20170731_181709.jpg

20170731_212453.jpg

Hello, welcome and don't worry about the rain.

Unless you rub the insides of the canvas when very wet and set off capillary action it will be quite dry. I have been quite adept at going away in biblical rainfalls and my only problem was rain driven by storm force winds being forced through the air vents.

Hey
I’m a newbie to the site, and what a great site it is! Thanks!

We’re hiring an Ocean this weekend and all being well we’ll be ordering one shortly after.... Maybe even next weekend....
We’re so excited and hoping the hire goes as well as we think it should.
Any suggestions for the hire? It looks like it’s gonna rain and we wonder how waterproof the roof sides are?
In the meantime I’m banboozling my mind with decisions galore. The options list is endless.
We’d be happy to hear your recommendations.

Thanks!!
Mic

We did exactly the same as you (via Vancations in Newcastle). On our four nights away we had gales, blizzards and sun cracking the pavements - couldn't get back to the showroom fast enough to talk over our order (though took a couple of weeks to finalise all the lovely options too).
For now just enjoy the experience, use all the gizmos and extras that your hire van has to offer and then go from there - there will be plenty of advice on this forum should you need it.

As Granny Jen says, the sides of the T6 roof canvas are generally very waterproof (though we had snow coming in through the permanently open "little" roof vents ;>( ) Enjoy! And report back, of course:)

Welcome Mic,

very new here myself and you will find most of what you are looking for on here every time you think of something and if not the forum is very vibrant and answers come very quickly to your questions.
But as others have said, enjoy with out worry and ask questions after.
The only thing I can think of is 'Safelock' if you don't want the alarm going off in the night every time someone moves lock the Cali from the inside using the door buttons not the remote.
A single click on the remote sets it but the door buttons don't and I think it also dead locks everything so anyone left on the inside can't get out.
There is a button for putting the sensors off, by the drivers door on the pillar.

yeah. forgot about that. I use it when leaving the dog in there. open drivers door. it's just to the left hiding under the seat belt. press it and it lights up orange. then just lock the van as normal. useful on ferries with rough crossings and rough customers

Welcome MicA

Look forward to your report and pictures of your weekend.

Did you plan your trip f.e. do you already have a specific destination?

Everything else is already said.

However enjoy and have a great weekend.

Wow! Thanks for all the replies!
All the advice is very much appreciated!
Lake District here we come.

And yes... I’ll report back for sure.

Back