Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hidden Valley nr Woolacombe

B

Bjohnson

VIP Member
Stayed at Hidden Valley campsite last weekend, not too far from Woolacombe.

NIce campsite with planty of hardstanding pitches all with elec hookup. Very reasonable prices (for out of season) £9 a night inc electric.

The best hot showers I've used at a site so far this winter!

Very friendly site and was pretty quiet last week.

Big bonus for us, you can walk into Woolacombe or (as we did) Ilfracombe on the cycle path, think it was about 6 miles, and we caught the bus coming back. Looks like agood variety of walks from the site, albeit a bit of the route was via a very quiet road stretch.

The downside to the site, its right next to the main road. We didnt find this an issue and traffic at night was minimal, but i can imagine in the summer it might be a bit of an issue.

We prefer to be further 'off the beaten track' but this one is ok for winter weekends.

We stayed there last new years eve. It was brilliant. Very quiet until the fireworks started somewhere miles away and startled all the owls and pheasants which made an amazing noise!

That's interesting. I often drive past there as i live locally but never knew there was a path there. Though we never seem to do it we often think we should do the odd night locally just to use the cali a bit more.
Will def be a site to consider cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Freeley said:
That's interesting. I often drive past there as i live locally but never knew there was a path there. Though we never seem to do it we often think we should do the odd night locally just to use the cali a bit more.
Will def be a site to consider cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
There's not a path as such! You can walk through the site to the minor road at the back, follow it up the hill to the golf course and that puts you on the cycle path towards woolacombe and Ilfracombe.

We had a very enjoyable walk into ilfracombe on the cycle path, but looks like there are plenty of options for diverting into woolacombe and picking up the coast path.

We'll probably visit again and hope to take the bikes next time for the cycle path and some more exploring