Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

hi

C

Cumbrian Cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hello..I nearly used a cheesy title but ducked out!

We've been thinking about getting a camper for a long time but wanted to wait until babies were older - now 2 and 5, we're ready, have hired a cali for a trip away with them and loved it.

We spied a beauty t6 for sale a couple of months ago, but were too slow. It made us really want one, so now eagerly keeping an eye out and hoping to maybe place a new order in the near future...seems that's cheaper than a 2 Yr old 2nd hand one at the moment...although does feel risky with the state of the world and.oir country at the moment..

I must have read alot of threads on this forum to try and figure out exactly what we want and have loved every minute researching california's, so thought I'd join up and say hi.

Can't wait to properly join the club and enrich our family time by spending weekends in the great outdoors and taking advantage of the lakes and fells on our doorstep.

Welcome.

Hiring so often helps make up your mind

Can I suggest taking your postcode out of your profile?

Welcome! What a great age for the kids to be to get a family van. We rented one when ours were 9 and 7 I think… should have leapt then, ordered two years later in pandemic, got it a year after that. Can really recommend ordering and waiting - even if it’s a year, takes you into next summer now. But would hope orders might speed up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome.

Hiring so often helps make up your mind

Can I suggest taking your postcode out of your profile?
Thank you...how do I do that? It says my postcode is required? X

Figured it out..thank you :)

Welcome! What a great age for the kids to be to get a family van. We rented one when ours were 9 and 7 I think… should have leapt then, ordered two years later in pandemic, got it a year after that. Can really recommend ordering and waiting - even if it’s a year, takes you into next summer now. But would hope orders might speed up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's such a lot of money though isn't it!! Fingers crossed x

Yes, its a lot of money but......what price the family experience. And at the end of the day you can sell your van with only a small loss (maybe profit at the moment!) if you end up not liking the experience. We rented two conversions before deciding on a Cali. We've had two Cali's now each for three years. We were very fortunate to be able to be in that situation where we could afford to make that decision. Best thing we ever did! Have now been to many places we would not have done so had we not had the Cali both in the UK and the wider Europe. If you afford it......the wait was/is worth it.

Yes, its a lot of money but......what price the family experience. And at the end of the day you can sell your van with only a small loss (maybe profit at the moment!) if you end up not liking the experience. We rented two conversions before deciding on a Cali. We've had two Cali's now each for three years. We were very fortunate to be able to be in that situation where we could afford to make that decision. Best thing we ever did! Have now been to many places we would not have done so had we not had the Cali both in the UK and the wider Europe. If you afford it......the wait was/is worth it.
Thank you, that's my thoughts to about family time, they're only young for a short while, best make the most of it x