Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi! Looking for a new or nearly new beach in Red

Haha, I’ll let you take the credit for inventing the unfortable dash. Very apt description. (That’ll start a debate)

Hi Mintstuff,

I trust today went well?

The only other thing I would have purely for future proofing is tow bar prep. Makes fitting of factory tow bar later a cheaper option than full factory retro fit.

Having asked my better half she would not be without power latching sliding door and rear hatch, (We had a T5.1 previous without) closing both doors without slamming!

I also really like the auto lights function, some do not !

Heated rear screen; don’t forget to tick that as a free option (instead of double glazed without heat)

Ensure you tick swivel front seats also as this is vital part of the set up, but strangely a free option !

Sounds like it’s all hands to the calculator and best negotiating skills ?

Free front jumbo mats, tank of fuel, and as previous 5 yr warranty and 2 services. 4 Cali key rings, litre of oil.

Get a spare safe when delivery date confirmed

Good luck
Hi Perfectos

Yes, the visit went well, went to Leicester dealer in the end as they had a higher concentration of red vans!

Test drove a 150PS DSG beach and found it to be well mannered and easy to drive even in traffic.

Thanks for the extra info, will check the order carefully and haggle for the extras.

Think we'll add power latching to the list also, found the tailgate (without seat stowed, very difficult to close).
Dealer said that tow bar prep wasn't worth it as doesn't cost more to do later on?

Also considering lowering (for handling, car parks and travel sickness), also I've heard anti roll bars are worth having.

Personally to us the colour was one of the most important factors. We have a red T5 and have never got fed up with the colour. It’s just more vibrant than the grey or silver or brown. It’s a camper van for holidays and you can’t miss it in a car park. We love it and have never regretted buying the red for one minute. Just our personal opinion. The days of “You can have any colour as long as it’s black” have long gone.
Thanks Peter, think red is the colour for us too!

Bought a brand new beach this morning from Vindis Northampton this morning!
Went for all options previously listed, plus power latching and removable tow bar.
Delivery in March, so excited!
Didn't manage all the extras in the deal, but happy overall

Last edited:
Congrats, What colour did you go for ?

Now the wait begins and the endless shopping for extras !

Make sure you get a spare safe and fit it from day one.

Thanks.
We went for red!
We already have a few things, but I'm sure the brandrup catalogue will help us out.

Good idea, will get one for sure

Hi, welcome to the forum :thumb, I was not initially looking for the colour red, but now I have it, well worth the time researching and negotiating... ! I went for the 2 seater bench, great vehicle to drive, enjoy, :cheers

The red one is pretty good, had my eye on it, but wanted rear air con unit and heated front screen, plus maybe comfort dash (if possible).

Two tone is a nice van, but prefer whole red and this was painted over factory finish?

The Two Tones (like mine in the advert) come out of the factory that way....

Last edited:
Congrats on ordering your cherry Beach , it realy is the best colour, we were a bit undecided at first as it's a big decision to get right and we had about a week to decide as ours was already configured but still absolutely love it.
And have decided after having palpitations about selling and realising we'd prob just want to buy another one anyway, @KatyCherry is no longer for sale.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Glad you have decided to keep your beach. Think we'll have no doubts on the colour, we love red!

We have just has build week no.2 confirmed, just as we were trying to get sports MFSW (with tiptronic paddles) and additional USB (plus 3.5mm jack) in comfort dash added. Now been told by dealer that we can't change or retro fit either!

Glad you have decided to keep your beach. Think we'll have no doubts on the colour, we love red!

We have just has build week no.2 confirmed, just as we were trying to get sports MFSW (with tiptronic paddles) and additional USB (plus 3.5mm jack) in comfort dash added. Now been told by dealer that we can't change or retro fit either!

Oh no! maybe wiring loom is different, had paddle shifters on my old passat sport but found I didn't realy use them any way as the dsg is so good and found changing gear with paddles difficult on corners or roundabouts anyway! and with app connect I've never used the aux Jack or second usb either apart from maybe charging daughters phone while driving but is not permanent live so use the rear charging cigarette socket with 5 way adapter anyway. Pretty sure you can change steering wheel later if you wish just maybe not at vw dealers, Think it's a common mod on golfs/passat just like they won't retro fit reverse camera on their cars even though you just plug new loom etc into existing head unit!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I believe that can be retrofitted - see https://www.hazzydayz.com/transporter-7e-2016---t6-136-c.asp

Other Options can be fitted but you would have to phone for information.

The guys at Sat Nav systems, in Chertsey are VW and Audi dealer approved and can also do factory option retro fits, coding etc.

I can recommend them, they fitted a new replacement infotainment system (factory unit was missing DAB) and westfalia original factory removable tow bar, coded everything and turned on voice control, great service would highly recommend.

https://www.satnavsystems.com/

Thanks Katycherry, hopefully we won't miss those two options in real usage. Your van is still in the for sale section btw.

Welshgas - think all these MFSW do not have the tiptronic shifters, either way, the cost to modify for a minor upgrade is not really worth it to us. We have already blown the budget with options and still need to buy awning and tow bar bike rack amongst many other things! Thanks

Perfectos - I've had a look at the satnav site, they do some interesting stuff, the MDI is closest to getting the additional USB, but not sure of this will behave the same. Perhaps I will contact them if no luck through the dealer and it's causing an issue for us. Thanks

Hi mintstuff

Give them a call, if the parts are available I’m sure they will be able to retro fit and code.

They know their stuff and also do a mobile fitting service if required at a little extra cost.

Good luck and congrats on the order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Katycherry, hopefully we won't miss those two options in real usage. Your van is still in the for sale section btw.

Welshgas - think all these MFSW do not have the tiptronic shifters, either way, the cost to modify for a minor upgrade is not really worth it to us. We have already blown the budget with options and still need to buy awning and tow bar bike rack amongst many other things! Thanks
T6 doesn’t have a Tiptronic Gearbox, totally different system. The T6, as it’s predecessor, has a DSG Gear/Clutch System.

Tiptronic is the term used in the configurator to describe the paddle shift.

confusing

Order update
Our Cali was built Mon 14th Jan and have a planned collection date of Sat 16th March.
Although won't be able to fully enjoy as we are taking it straight to the detailers for a week of pampering before collection on Friday 22nd March. Getting excited!

We have now collected our Beach and had it professionally detailed and ceramic coated.
Pictures on the company Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/westmidlandsdetailing/)

Love the van and all it's optional extras. Getting it detailed was just the icing on the cake.
First camping was in the Cotswolds for a trial night, next stop Anglesey...