Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from South Devon

Crangster

Crangster

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Just paid the deposit on a Natural Grey Beach DSG (demonstrator with del miles only) and can't wait to take delivery in the next few weeks.

Been reading the forums with interest. Great site and forums are really informative - especially for a newbie!

One question that I still haven't been able to answer is ......awning or separate tent?

Will definitely need the extra space with our very excited 4-year old looking forward to sleeping "upstairs" but am concerned that the awning will spoil the freedom/view and darken the van.

Can the back section of a drive away awning be removed so that it can be used as a standalone tent? This would give you the option depending on site/pitch/view/weather to use as either.

Would appreciate any advice.

Hi Crangster and welcome to the forum. I'm guessing your pretty local to me. I live in Newton Abbot :thumb.
With regards the tent vs drive away awning question.... I would definately recommend a drive away awning and of the various types I would Say the Khyam motordome and motordome sleeper are the best.
If your getting a beach you might want to take a little look at our website.....
Www.slidepods.co.uk
we do a range of removable kitchen pods for the beach and loads of accessories aswell which might interest you.:thumb

Hi Crangster and welcome :thumb

There's lot's of opinions on here about awnings vs tents, you should be able to find some by searching with "quechua" as the keyword; you will then be able to make an informed decision!

Separate tent I would say. We sold our drive away to get one of the Quechua items and we find its use far more flexible

Hi Crangster and welcome to the forum. I'm guessing your pretty local to me. I live in Newton Abbot :thumb.
With regards the tent vs drive away awning question.... I would definately recommend a drive away awning and of the various types I would Say the Khyam motordome and motordome sleeper are the best.
If your getting a beach you might want to take a little look at our website.....
Www.slidepods.co.uk
we do a range of removable kitchen pods for the beach and loads of accessories aswell which might interest you.:thumb

Hi Jonny

We live in Paignton and I saw you recently on Paignton Green. The slidepod looked great and I am sure it will be something that we seriously consider in the future.

For now we are just looking forward to taking delivery of the Cali, getting out & about, and finding out what works for us as a family.

Brilliant do you know when your getting it? On the 19th I have a campout organised down at a lovely (slightly basic) site in the south hams for the T4/5 forum. Your welcome to join us if you like.

Brilliant do you know when your getting it? On the 19th I have a campout organised down at a lovely (slightly basic) site in the south hams for the T4/5 forum. Your welcome to join us if you like.

Thanks Jonny although not picking it up until later in the month.....need to sell the wife's car beforehand!

Back