Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

hi from HOVIS

H

Hovis

Hi all

just thought I'd introduce my self as just joined the forum on my quest towards californication!

i work a lot and have a growing young family so I want to be able to have to time escape with them after a long hard week at work.

still got to wave by to my little smart roadster coupe to make room for the wagon though.

hoping to find help and advice from the wise and experience people on this forum as have been lurking in the shadows reading post for the past few days.

HOVIS

Hello Hovis. Welcome to the club.
I hope that you find the forum really useful to you as you go forwarss with Calihood.
I used to drive a Smart Roadster too, and thought it was a stunning little car. It is a shame that mine had problems with leaking.

Luke

Hi welcome to the Cali club
You have come to the right place to find out anything you need to know. There is a wealth of knowledge on here. Enjoy and keep us posted of your progress

sign_welcome.gif
to the club Hovis

Hi Hovis, you are most definately in the right place for helpful info, promptly delivered.
Welcome to the club..... and should you become a member you will gat your money back in fistfuls on the discounts the guys here have sorted.

Iain

Thanks all for your kind replies... I'm gonna dig to see if there are any questions already answered on here but i do have a question that I'm hoping people on here will have the experience i need to point me in the right direction.

Hi newbie here with a question

We picked up our new Cali from Southern Motors about a month ago, we are completely thrilled, it is fabulous. We have been away for two weekends getting to know it, and everyone has been so helpful and kind. We are soaking up information and advice!

As a new owner I really appreciated the random list.
Unfortunately I can add another:
Be sure to check your trouser pockets before putting them in the washing machine. My key has been through a 40 degree wash cycle. It is now in bits in a jar of rice but I'm not optimistic.

Also our flex reading light broke after just 4 days. It sort of dropped off in the night, broken at the fixing joint. We were really not aware of having damaged it. We could have it repaired but are thinking of doing without it, we have kindles with lights for reading.

A newbie question - I'm looking at a Raskelf 1 inch topper for the top bed. Can it be left in situ with the roof down? Has anyone tried it? It would obviously save a lot of space if it could, we will be using our van for exhibition work as well as holidays, so have to carry a lot of stuff (bulky, not heavy) and any space saving would be welcome.

Thank you all for all the info in these page, its been so useful.

Kitty x

Hi Kitty,
We left our sleeping bag in the roof before closing it down. It didn't like it very much, the roof stuck up at the front, so we don't do that any more!
It doesn't mean, of course, that you couldn't have a try with your mattress cover but it may not work.

And I forgot to mention, we also snapped off the stalk on our light, just as you described. I put it down to me raising the upper bed before disconnecting the light from the upper mattress but, Idid get it repaired under warranty, no problem. After hearing of others having the same problem I'm waiting to see if and how long it lasts!

:shocked no the Raskelf can not be left in situ with the roof down we did it with two sleeping bags left in the roof by mistake and it put a crease in the roof.

G & H

Hi Hovis,

Welcome, just joined myself and expecting delivery of the 'Berger Van' soon.

If you are still looking and it's a Toffee Brown you were after I was offered one last weekend and managed a pretty decent discount I'd be willing to tell you about if you are interested. :thumb

alright Stu..

sounds good PM me the details.

the Berghaus is looking like a good choice but doesn't seem to be available with DSG but thats not vital think i'm just being lazy

Will PM in a minute.

So far as I could see, at least in terms of what was left in stock, they are all the same. Manual with Privacy, Parking F&R, Safe, MFSW, Vis Pack B, Cruise and Climate.

Hi Hovis

Thanks toffee brown is a nice colour forgot to say it was on our old cali the crease that is :oops: