Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from Gary and Wendy

GaryC

GaryC

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi just put a deposit on a ex demo Aug 2018 Ocean with 2000 miles, will pick up beginning of Feb (A couple of weeks to help me sort a few things first)
We did price up new, but this come up with extras we wanted and some we would have liked but not paid for like the white pearl paint, and saved us a few quid.
Now looking forward to the first test outing to see just whats required for good camping, having read the threads and see good information on stuff you think you need but experience sometimes says you dont, I am not rushing out and buying everything until I have a better understanding, not having done van camping before.
So will no doubt be asking some questions soon.

Regards
Gary

Welcome on board !

welcome, you are absolutely right not to rush out and buy too many things. After only a couple of outings you will know what you need. Happy travels :)

Welcome here

Do not rush buying things - you already got an important thing right. And sometimes normal things from the household do the job (sometimes better) than the so called campingstuff.
Buying VIP membership can help you to buy the essential things even cheaper.

Look forward to see some pictures of your new Demo!

Well done and many congrats!

+1 for what Michelle and Sapto said.

About the only thing you 'must' have is an electric hook-up cable... and even then only if you plan to stay parked up at a campsite, AND not use the van during the day which will re-charge the batteries. Which with a brand new van I very much doubt!

Everything else for your first trips out, you'll already have at home. Unless of course at home you don't have sheets and duvets, don't eat off plates, etc etc. ;)

Have fun!

Thanks all for the warm welcome and advice

Thanks all
Been looking through the threads at all the great ideas for making inside more homely and Wendy has been scanning the internet for VW campervan goodies to try and get that great look most of you have achieved.

You must get some beers for the fridge. Everything else I can manage without. Even food. Welcome

Hi Gary, and welcome along.

We just did same as you. Went in for a look and bought the demo, save loads and it’s bursting with extras, it’s a win win

Have fun mate, and let us know how you get on

Cheers for now

Andy

Hi just put a deposit on a ex demo Aug 2018 Ocean with 2000 miles, will pick up beginning of Feb (A couple of weeks to help me sort a few things first)
We did price up new, but this come up with extras we wanted and some we would have liked but not paid for like the white pearl paint, and saved us a few quid.
Now looking forward to the first test outing to see just whats required for good camping, having read the threads and see good information on stuff you think you need but experience sometimes says you dont, I am not rushing out and buying everything until I have a better understanding, not having done van camping before.

Regards
Gary
Hi Gary,

We live in Canada and we are thinking of going to Europe in 2020 and purchasing a VW California (left hand drive). They do not sell the California here in North America and it is our preferred style of van. We have owned several VWs and we just love them, would you have any information for us to go about possibly inquiring to buy a California in Europe, then tour Europe and then bring it back to Canada. Appreciate any information you could share with us.
JJ

Hi Gary,

We live in Canada and we are thinking of going to Europe in 2020 and purchasing a VW California (left hand drive). They do not sell the California here in North America and it is our preferred style of van. We have owned several VWs and we just love them, would you have any information for us to go about possibly inquiring to buy a California in Europe, then tour Europe and then bring it back to Canada. Appreciate any information you could share with us.
JJ
Hi Joanne

Click on Cali for sale on this site and you’ll find 3 brand new calis for sale,

Good luck

Andy

Regards
Gary
Concrats on your new buy we just got our Cali beach and love it!
We could find anything with the right spec so brought new! Not rushing with any of our buys need some carpets and cold boxes well as storage etc but it will come with time!

:welcome Gary and Wendy and congratulations :thumb

Plenty of time to buy goodies for your Cali, we’re still doing it almost 10 years on! :D

Hello Gary and Wendy,

A warm welcome

I picked up my ocean from liverpool yesterday.It's so cool :):).
I'm going to have fun today putting in all my bits and bobs!!
Good luck with yours.

sam

We were due to get the new van early Feb but could not wait so we got it on Friday, drove around the relatives to show off Friday evening and then took it for a little cruise yesterday down country lanes, absolutely loved driving and was blown away by the LEDs down the dark lanes.
Getting stuff together gas bottle now fitted, steering wheel lock and power lead ready.

Does anyone have any suggestions of campsites open this time of year around either the south east, or south coast? We wanted to do a camp site or a good country pub car park for the first night out.

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes
Congrats to Andy, Taylor and Piglet on your new vans, hope you all enjoy.
I will post a couple of pics soon.