Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from Doncaster!

cjjenkinson123

cjjenkinson123

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi all,

Newbie from Doncaster here. Ordered a van through DrivetheDeal in late Oct 23 - thought it would be about March before it would turn up but got an additional Xmas present!! Picked the van up from Crawley on Dec 28th!! So that was my 'rest of Xmas break' sorted kitting out the California!! Got an Ocean in indium grey and am very excited to get out and about using it. Bit cold for camping (although I have installed an electric blanket in the pop-top so may be brave sometime soon) but went for a day trip to Derwent Water last Saturday so got to use it as a day van and delighted my 8 year old niece by making waffles for lunch in the van courtesy of my EcoFlow power pack!!

I'd be delighted to get in touch with fellow California owners in the Doncaster area to share tip & tricks!

Cheers

Chris

Hi all,

Newbie from Doncaster here. Ordered a van through DrivetheDeal in late Oct 23 - thought it would be about March before it would turn up but got an additional Xmas present!! Picked the van up from Crawley on Dec 28th!! So that was my 'rest of Xmas break' sorted kitting out the California!! Got an Ocean in indium grey and am very excited to get out and about using it. Bit cold for camping (although I have installed an electric blanket in the pop-top so may be brave sometime soon) but went for a day trip to Derwent Water last Saturday so got to use it as a day van and delighted my 8 year old niece by making waffles for lunch in the van courtesy of my EcoFlow power pack!!

I'd be delighted to get in touch with fellow California owners in the Doncaster area to share tip & tricks!

Cheers

Chris
Welcome to the Cali Class! Why not share a photo of your dream machine, by way of introduction?! :welcome

Hi all,

Cheers

Chris
Welcome Chris. Any photos?

Welcome Chris. Congrats on all fronts - there was a time delivery was 18+ months, so that's a real win!

Sounds like you're well on the way with the kit.

Just a word of caution (from pretty much everyone, but none of us heeded it at first anyway! Too excited!) - try to avoid accessorising before you find a use case / need / problem to solve. You'll end up with a full garage when you realise many products are a solution looking for a problem. An accessory that solves 5 problems 'okish' is always better than 5 products that each solve a single problem 'perfectly'. Unless it's coffee. Perfect van coffee is important. :D

Lets see some pictures then!

Hi all,

Cheers

Chris

Welcome to the forum. We are relatively new to our California but have already had a few winter nights away. The diesel heater is amazing and we have a purcer screen for added insulation. Happy to meet up for a chat about our shared new passion (I am in Beverley so only an hour away so could meet up for a coffee somewhere halfway). It is always interesting to see how differently two newbies have kitted out their vans!

Welcome Chris. Congrats on all fronts - there was a time delivery was 18+ months, so that's a real win!

Sounds like you're well on the way with the kit.

Just a word of caution (from pretty much everyone, but none of us heeded it at first anyway! Too excited!) - try to avoid accessorising before you find a use case / need / problem to solve. You'll end up with a full garage when you realise many products are a solution looking for a problem. An accessory that solves 5 problems 'okish' is always better than 5 products that each solve a single problem 'perfectly'. Unless it's coffee. Perfect van coffee is important. :D

Lets see some pictures then!
Wise words - I'll try and restrain myself although the credit card limit will do a lot of the heavy lifting there!!

Welcome to the forum. We are relatively new to our California but have already had a few winter nights away. The diesel heater is amazing and we have a purcer screen for added insulation. Happy to meet up for a chat about our shared new passion (I am in Beverley so only an hour away so could meet up for a coffee somewhere halfway). It is always interesting to see how differently two newbies have kitted out their vans!
Brilliant will give you a shout next time I'm visiting Scarborough/Filey - I go up there quite often so could easily pass thru Beverley!

Back