Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from Belgium!

kriva

kriva

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi there,

I've been lurking on these forums for a few months now, getting my bearings on whether or not a Cali would be something for me/my family.
We live to the northeast of Brussels
So, after browsing the forums and getting more and more interested in the Cali, we decided to hire one for a weekend. We spent the first night in our own garden to see whether or not we'd be fleeing back to our own beds. Luckily, that didn't happen though my better half did complain about lack of space when the two of us are sleeping downstairs. After that, we spent our weekend touring around and ended up by the seaside, and by the time night fell, we found out it's best to book a pitch as soon as possible, since all campervan pitches in the vicinity were booked.
We decided to try out semi-wild camping on a parking lot and were not disappointed. Thanks to the magic of new experiences, our daughters slept in for the first time in months, allowing us to wake up at our own pace as well.
A few months later, and this is where we're at: We've put our name on the list for a demonstrator which is due to arrive at a dealership close to us in a month or two. We haven't signed anything (yet?), but they'll keep us up to date on when it arrives. If other people should be interested and want to purchase it, the dealership will contact us first to check whether we would like to go ahead with the purchase or whether we'd let the other person(-s) purchase it.
The Cali in question is a pretty much full-spec 204PS T6.1 Ocean in Two Tone Copper Bronze - Candy White.
Since it's a demonstrator, and its likely position in the queue at this time, we can't add or subtract any options from the configuration. There's few niggles we (I) would have and wouldn't have picked, but nothing major.
So the wait is on... Time to lurk some more around these parts.
Cheers!

Wow, that sounds fabulous! Well done. Can’t wait to see the pics in due course.

Wow, exciting times for you! Good choice to rent first and try whether it suits you and your family.

Hi and welcome; there's a whole bunch of Belgian en Dutch members on this forum, so shouldn't be a problem if you would want to discuss some of the option next to a campervan near Brussels!
Bart

Hi Lurker Kriva,

great first post, hope to see some pictures of the new Van in the near future :cheers

Hallo Kriva, welkom/bienvenue! I suppose you're talking about ViaVie (where I got mine). A business to be trusted. Give him my regards!
Yes, do feel free to shoot whatever question.

Hello,

Also got my Calif from ViaVie in last June.
I could only recommend, the guy is very professional, know the van very well.

I agree that the downstairs bed is too narrow for 2 people and the mattress not so confortable. I replaced it.

Thanks for the warm welcome, all of you!
I actually hired the van via Goboony, so it was a private hire of sorts.
I did check with ViaVie, but unfortunately the schedules didn't match up.

Hello,

Also got my Calif from ViaVie in last June.
I could only recommend, the guy is very professional, know the van very well.

I agree that the downstairs bed is too narrow for 2 people and the mattress not so confortable. I replaced it.
Hi @Vinczz , I just realized I forgot to answer you concerning this mattress. But I see you removed the one I also have. So no need, sorry.
@kriva, do you know where this 'Goboony' guy is doing his Cali maintenances? Still looking for mechanics around Brussels who know our vans,...

@Auberg-ine I honestly don’t know. The guy I hired from lives in Antwerp, so I presume he’s taking his van in for servicing somewhere around there.
However, if it’s not too far for you, I’ve been quite happy with the service thus far at Jennes Machelen. We have two Škodas on the driveway, and both of them are maintained there. The salespeople are also very friendly and easy to get int contact with if you need anything.
They may be worth a shot.
(They’re also a VW Commercial vehicles dealer, so they should know their stuff.)

@Auberg-ine I honestly don’t know. The guy I hired from lives in Antwerp, so I presume he’s taking his van in for servicing somewhere around there.
However, if it’s not too far for you, I’ve been quite happy with the service thus far at Jennes Machelen. We have two Škodas on the driveway, and both of them are maintained there. The salespeople are also very friendly and easy to get int contact with if you need anything.
They may be worth a shot.
(They’re also a VW Commercial vehicles dealer, so they should know their stuff.)
Just ask around here, a VW Commercial dealer who knows about Cali's?? ;-)

ViaVie buys by Overijse Automotive.
I've been there to fix sliding door (did not close anymore), covered by guarantee.
My impression was rather good, they seem to know the california very well.

Just ask around here, a VW Commercial dealer who knows about Cali's?? ;-)
I haven't had the opportunity to deal with their after sales department concerning a Cali since we don't (yet?) own one. However, when dealing with the same department concerning some quibbles with a car we bought just over a year ago, they've been very accommodating and helpful.